HubSpot Ideas

CoachAaronCCR

Sync property values between Contact, Company and Deal Records

Would love the ability from within at least the Sales side of things to automatically map/populate Deal Properties from a Contact's properties. We came over from Salesforce where this could be done in conversion, and this is definitely an area we miss having & would make life MUCH smoother for our staff upon creating deals.

190 Replies
annaishizeki
HubSpot Employee

(Submitted on behalf of customer) 

It would be great to be able to copy contact properties into deal properties in workflows,

just like it is possible to copy contact properties into company properties and vice versa.

PiteRock
Participant

It would be great as this would make it easier to work with business

kbento
Contributor | Diamond Partner

I explain how to do this using Zapier in this article. I agree, however, that the ability to control HubSpot Sales is majorly lacking with workflows.

rmcgrath
HubSpot Employee

@kbento looks like the link above leads to a dead link; would you mind re-posting? Would love to take a look at the article, thanks!

kbento
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Facepalm! The language filter took liberties with the url.

Second article from the top at the time of posting.

Edit: URL fixed above.  Thanks for pointing that out!

lucilemathe
Participant

would be great to get this feature. 

Emily2
Participant

As you can syncronize ownership for contacts and companies, it would be great it we could create custom syncronized properties for all three - contacts, companies, and deals.  

fbarnett

We sell through dealers, so a given company will have a ton of deals underneath it.  It would be awesome to map certain fields (company type, credit information, etc.) to the Deals underneath it.  

As it currently stands, the data must be manually typed in twice, and duplicate entry is always bad.  

The primary reason the "associated company" card (which shows the relevant Company properties in the Deal object) is good but inadequate is because we need the company info imported into Deal fields. For example, to generate a quote via PandaDoc (currently the only way I'm aware of to do that), the only thing we can pull from are Deal Fields. Most of the Company Info (including Company type, Billing Address) would transfer across to every deal. At present, we have to manually retype it to get it to show up on a quote or other internal documentation. It's a field mapping issue we need to address.

s0utherndandy
Participant
I think this would be an excellent feature to have for most businesses to track their customers and their purchases
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni

Hey @fbarnett thanks for posting! Your ideas are important to HubSpot as well as to other customers whose needs might fit this feature request. Our Product Managers regularly review top voted ideas and will put every effort into implementing ideas that will benefit the majority of HubSpot's user base and fit in with our product roadmap.

In order to get as much information / context to our product team as possible, but also to help others understand what they are voting for, would you mind letting us know why the "Associated Company" card in a Deal is not sufficient for gathering this information? Indeed, when a Deal is associated with a Company, that Company appears in the Deal record, and you are able to manage which properties appear in the Company card. Could you clarify your use case on having this information in Deal properties themselves, rather than gathering it from the Company properties that appear in the Deal record, like so:

Company.png

Thanks so much for your help!

May

fbarnett

Hi thanks for the reply. 

The primary reason the "associated company" is good but inadequate is because we need the company info imported into Deal fields.  For example, to generate a quote via PandaDoc (currently the only way I'm aware of to do that), the only thing we can pull from are Deal Fields.  Most of the Company Info (including Company type, Billing Address) would transfer across to every deal.  At present, we have to manually retype it to get it to show up on a quote or other internal documentation.  It's a field mapping issue we need to address.  

MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni

@fbarnett thanks so much for the additional context, that absoutely makes sense. I've just updated the text in your original idea to include this use case!

delonjk1

This would be very helpful!

gil100
Top Contributor

For us, having the company revenue and the territory in the deal view is very helpful as it provides more context to the deals funnel.

So for example a sales person have 5 deals in his board, but one is with a large company and 4 with very small ones.

It is true that the size of the deal is what's important. But the size of the company gives also a good indication on the length of the expected sales process (typically large=slow), plus if the deal size is still unknown size of the company for our business can give a good indication of the size of the expected deal.

Other fields we would like to be able to filter the deals board are territory that we had to create per lead.

Bruamico
Participant | Diamond Partner

Gents, this is MAJOR business! We need this so bad! This would be a great gamechanger for HubSpot CRM, and without it, i'm having a hard time implementing CRM for my client's.

We should be able to sync deals, companies and contacts properties, copy then with workflows, and when creating a new deal, be able to insert the contact associated with it, in the same screen. 

Please HubSpot, help us!

s0utherndandy
Participant

Has anyone found a work around for this that is automated?

Our developers have created a web hook where we would need to manually take the dealid from the URL of the deal and put it in a custom contact property. This web hook would have fields that are mapped between deals and contact. Once the custom contact property is populated with the dealid, it would trigger the web hook. This takes the contact property fields and copies them to the deal property.

I wanted to see if anyone has a totally automated solution? 

or if there is an estimated time frame from Hubspot for creating these links between Deal, Company and Contacts without using web hooks.

daniull
Participant

Auto populate Deal Name with Contact name  --  most real estate and physical sales outlets want this feature.   I know that something like hubspot sells to companies mainly so your slant it to have that happen....but many many peole who need a CRM are not selling to companies....but to individuals.   So when we make a deal....it is not associated to a company by default.

What I REALLY want is the ability to select what gets auto populated in the "deal name" .....like I would love to be able to have "last name" - "Boat owned"   which is one of the fields I created.

This would be a great feature.    

I was hoping to have one of my fields auto populate the deal name.    Right now i guess the default is "company name"....but if the contact has no company associated with them....it is left blank.

I am in boats and I would want a new deal to populate "last name"  -  " vessel owned" (fields I created).

Any chance this might be added?

rhickman

This would be amazing. Please implement this feature soon, it would be very helpful. 

HP
Participant

One example could be that the contents of a mandatory deal field could be copied over to Contact and Company properties so they could then be used in marketing including email personalisation tokens etc.

809CharlieTango
Participant

WE would love to have the ability to sync deal properties to company properties.