HubSpot Ideas

ENash

Sync more than just marketing email subject lines to Salesforce

Our Sales team do not have access to Hubspot as it is only being used by our Marketing team, but they would like to see the body copy of Marketing Emails synced to Salesforce.

The subject line isn't helpful to them and the task created by the Hubspot-Salesforce connector contains no other information.

It would be create to get the body copy synced to the "Comments" field, just like the Form Submissions.

3 Replies
soeser
Participant

This would be really helpful for our team! In addition to the body copy, I would also suggest that the name of the email (what we name it in HubSpot when we create it) be included in the Salesforce task. I'd like to echo the original poster: the subject line means nothing to our Sales team. So, for us, the current set-up for this tool is pretty lacking.

TylerWellington

We capture leads at tradeshows in excel then upload the lead list to hubspot and want to sync the lead notes from that excel as notes back to salesforce. The limit of 255 characters for the task subject line means that longer notes are cut off. There doesn't seem to be any way to get notes synced completely from HubSpot to Salesforce.

RYLeigh
Contributor

I agree with OP and also second the internal name suggestion from soeser.

In the vein of syncing more than subject lines, I think it would also be helpful if Salesforce users could see exactly what was clicked in an email, rather than just the fact that something was clicked. This would be useful in the HubSpot contact record as well.

Currently, if someone on our sales team wants to investigate how a customer has interacted with a marketing email, they have to...

1) Navigate to the visualforce window in the Salesforce contact record

2) Click "View in HubSpot"

3) Scroll through the Hubspot Activity tab to locate the email in question

4) Click through to email page

5) Click Recipients tab

6) Search for the customer they want more information on

FAR too many steps when the information could be listed in the record, as was done when we were using Pardot. This is too much work for me, who works all day in Hubspot and thus would only need steps 3-6. For the sales team who spends their days in Salesforce, this is quite unlikely to become second nature to them, and is too much of a diversion from their work.