HubSpot Ideas

Invorio

Sync Tasks with Calendar (Google/Outlook)

When I schedule a task (eg call) I'd like a check box to show the task in Google Calendar (like meetings, but without mailing the contact).  

241 Replies
Rachel_KL
Participant

@Gcone 

Gordon,

Please add me to the beta.

Rachel Galeski

Gcone
HubSpot Product Team

Hello HubSpot Community,

Syncing Tasks to Calendar is now available to all sales hub starter, professional, and enterprise customers. Please feel free to DM me if you have questions or feedback on Syncing Tasks to Calendar. We are always looking for ways to improve the platform for you. 

Check out this article for help getting started: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/tasks/sync-tasks-to-your-google-or-outlook-calendar

Thank you,

Gordon

Jones001

Can you plesae explain how this is done?

Jones001
How do you sync tasks with Calendar now that this feature is available?
missiris

Thank you Gordon and the Hubspot Team.

If I understood correctly, the user will have to create a subcalendar in Outllook, in order to be able to sync Hubspot's tasks.

This, I believe, is a bit less automatic syncing as I hoped it would be.

Nonetheless, I think that the best way to deal with and sync Outlook objects, would be from within Outlook with a Proprietary Hubspot button for each object (mail, contact, meeting) enabling the user to press and associate it with whatever Hubspot table/record/field he desires.

Thanks anyway for listening and bettering Hubspot

Dimitris

Gcone
HubSpot Product Team
Hello Dimitris,

You are correct. Today the feature works on a sub-calendar. We did this to
avoid overwhelming our customer's main calendar. Thank you for providing
feedback. We will continue to look for ways to improve this capability.

Have a great day!

Gordon
FLima

Boa Tarde

Utilizo Mac e Iphone, sendo assim uso mail e ical.
Ao agendar uma tarefa dentro de um contato e com horario, não aparece em meu calendario, fui muito bem atendido pelo suporte Patricia e gostaria de sugeris esta integração bem como o app para MAC.

Obrigado

JKaminsky

Having tasks integrate with Google calendar has been great HOWEVER, when re-assigning a task to someone else, it still reflects in my calendar. Having this updated is desperately needed. 

ErikGron
Participant

Hi,

I am a user of Sales Starter Hub.

When automating a task on my pipeline, and having synced tasks with my calendar (hurray, major update!!!), the due-date of the task will appear on my calendar either inmediately or on a specific future day as xxx days & hours since the automated process is triggered by a deal update.

Is there any way I could set as the future due-date the "closing date" of the deal? 

This would let me see all my deals in my google calendar 😀😀😀.

My company sells services that must be delivered on every closing date, so this is really improtant for all the value chain.

Here some pictures that (I hope?) clarify what I´m saying.

Screenshot 2021-10-20 121751.jpg

Screenshot 2021-10-20 122112.jpg

Screenshot 2021-10-20 122348.jpg

Screenshot 2021-10-20 122512.jpg

dijytal
Participant | Platinum Partner

We still need this to be 2 way though! 

sinyang
Participant

Hey all. I'm glad many teams have been able to benefit by the recent development of this integration by HubSpot. However, there still seems to be some specifics needs others are having, such as two-way syncing. My app, CalendarSplice, has done this since it's initial creation and will continue to be improved, so long as there are more needs in the community for improvements around this integration.

Right now, with CalendarSplice you can

- sync tasks to and from your calendar

- configure what extra crm data you want added to the calendar event, such as information on deals or contacts

- create simple workflows around when we sync data to your calendar

- track when we sync data as well as see when we're unable to and, in many instances, why we were unable to

- reassign your tasks in HubSpot, and be sure that they'll be reflected on the calendar of the newly assigned team member

- any many more features

If there are any other use-cases / desired features around this integration, please reach out to us here: https://calendarsplice.com/contact-us/

I'd love to hear more about your needs.

sinyang_0-1639332421147.png

sinyang_1-1639332431521.pngsinyang_2-1639332439909.png

BEbeling

It would be amazing to have the option to choose between your main Outlook calendar or a subcalendar when syncing your tasks. My team does not find the subcalendar useful at all since it won't block their day for them. Hence, prospects being able to schedule meetings with them on their own via the Meetings link becomes useless or flawed. 

JParker6

I understand you have to have a Sales seat for this feature. In Service Hub customer support we have a lot of support tickets that get assigned tasks in workflows. I would like to see this feature turned on for Service as well.

DanielTaylorHS

Seems like the HubSpot devs are just being lazy at this point. They could easily link these to custom Properties.

BennyP
Contributor

It's great that we can now sync tasks to a Gmail/Outlook calendar but I don't see much use if we are not able to select which tasks we want to sync. 

Not all tasks are time sensitive (e.g. a cadence/sequence tasks) and by pushing all tasks onto the calendar, we are sort of killing its purpose. Also, sequence tasks all create at the time in which the contact was enrolled in a sequence (if you don't select a specific time) 

Is this something Hubspot is looking into @Gcone ? Thanks! 

Strumdrum
Participant
Why not just create a "Calendar View" in the tasks section? I mean, a calendar has been a basic function of human society and business operations for centuries (millennia?) You would think that a platform like HubSpot would have their own calendar feature and not require you to move off platform to access such a basic function. I was floored when demoing HubSpot that there was no calendar built in. How about it HubSpot team?? Care to make a calendar feature within your platform? It could be basic as adding a calendar view to tasks.
ASavoi
Participant

This feature should be made available even for the Starter plan: it is too important for Users having tasks integrated directly with their Google Calendar, they're clamoring for this feature to be released.

Andre9

Will you be making a 2 way sync for this?

From a usability perspective, there is alot of swivel chairing to do currently.

In order to schedule a task at a relevant time we need to swivel around to check the GCal for availability then swivel back to Hubspot to select the date/time. Pipedrive eliminates this by having the schedule appear at the side when planning a due date and time so we can easily schedule time for task based on our avaiablity. 

The work around now to elimiate swivel chairing too much is to create a task on Hubspot then go to GCal schedule and move the task to a suitable timing. The drawback for this is that itdoesn't sycn back the changes in timing/date to hubspot.

Please look into this as it impacts productivity. The CRM as is now is just really not much different from a glorified repository (You do the marketing to sales automation piece well but the sales CRM is lacking), lacking productivity automation and clarity which is the purpose of such a tool to allow sales to focus on selling with insights at the finger tips quickly.    

Strumdrum
Participant

Progress! HubSpot has introduced a new feature called Prospecting that includes a view of your synced calendar. It's locked behind Sales Pro and it's a view only option, but it's a step in the right direction. You can interact with it in a limited way by clicking on the event and viewing the details. This feature is currently in beta so hopefully they'll use this as a starting point for building a fully featured calendar within HubSpot.

Jeremi

Hello still not prgress on this. I have decided already not using this software as my business has a lot workers around the places and syncing google calendars keeps us synced all the time. This app is carpage and dont bring any value for remote business.