HubSpot Ideas

Invorio

Sync Tasks with Calendar (Google/Outlook)

When I schedule a task (eg call) I'd like a check box to show the task in Google Calendar (like meetings, but without mailing the contact).  

241 Kommentare
phillipheytom
Teilnehmer/-in

Is anyone able to help with Tasks not Syncing with Google calendar?

I am able to Schedule a meeting from the Deal record on Hubspot and have that Sync to my Google calendar, however when I use the Tasks tab and set myself a "To-do" task this does not sync with Google calendar.

Is there a way to get this working?

phillipheytom
Teilnehmer/-in

I should note that when I set a "To-do" task I do recieve an email notification reminding me it just does not show up on my calendar as an upcoming activity that I need to do....

idavis84
Teilnehmer/-in

I agree.  It would be great to have all of your events for the day in one location (ie Google Calendar).  Zapier has an integration for having tasks create a Google Calendar event, but it currently only works for Hubspot Marketing, not Sales.  It would be great if Hubspot could make a native integration.  This is one of the major disadvantages of HS Sales compared to Salesforce, as there is not a native calendar.  

idavis84
Teilnehmer/-in

Additionally, the lack of this function really makes the Meeting tool difficult to use.  Currently, a client can request a meeting when you have a task scheduled, because it is not being blocked on in Google Calendar.  This makes the tool almost useless.  

nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee

Hey @phillipheytom, thanks for your post. At this time, adding Tasks to your calendar is not a part of the integration we provide. You might be able to make something in Zapier, similar to the process used in this thread:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Sales-Tools/Meeting-Reminders-using-Zapier/m-p/11281

In the meantime, I would recommend checking out this post on our Ideas Forum:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Show-tasks-in-Google-Calendar/idi-p/16228

You can vote, and comment with your specific use case. This will give your developers more insight into thte types of features our customers are looking, and why they would use them. Then, when they're making updates to the product, they can have your direct feedback and insight! 

TheGreatAmberto
Mitglied

We often scroll through our email and create new taks, follow ups, etc directly from Outlook. It would be awesome if we could create HubSpot taks from Outlook, rather than having to go to open up HubSpot and leave Outlook. Once these emails or contacts are tracked in HubSpot it's easy to add then create tasks, but then these tasks aren't in Outlook and on our Calendar. These two things should be integrated.

SaraCHill0000
Mitglied

I think it would be very beneficial if there was a way that when we schedule tasks in HubSpot and then they were pushed to our Google Calendar. That way we could see them all at once laid out day by day or even in a monthly view instead of on a list in HubSpot.

tomirasanen
Mitglied

It's great that the scheduled meetings appear in Google Calendar to have it up2date. What is clearly missing is the planned tasks appearing there in the calendar too.

We know the function from Pipedrive which we used to use and it was really good. Now we get the feeling that the tasks are just a list of things that should be done at some point... the due time not being that important as it's not shown in the calendars which people use to plan their days. Some tasks are postponed too easily.

Hurray for Hubspot if you get this done soon!

tomirasanen
Mitglied

This would be really appreciated. It's now too easy to forget/postpone tasks. If they'd be in your calendar, you would have the needed time for the task reserver and you'd get it done.

FunFactory
Mitglied

I agree with other contributors. Not having scheduled Tasks and Calls sync is a MAJOR disadvantage. We are evaluating Hubspot and one of our partners already said flat-out "no way!" if everything does not appear on the calendar. He (logically) will refuse to bounced between 2 places to see what he has to do. The work-around to schedule everything as an event then makes the timeline of interactions meaningless because it becomes a mere parade of "meetings".

speij002
Mitglied

Definite a very welcome feature. Organising your work is key to be succesful in sales, so tasks need to be scheduled. Not only syncing to the Google Calender, but preferably also see in Hubspot what open time frames you have in the agenda so you can see where you have room left to schedule certain tasks. We are now planning to move over from Pipedrive, please take a look at how they did it, than you have an awesome example.

A workaround could be to schedule meetings for tasks, but also has some disadvantages.

Please make this a high prio in your product development plans Hubspot!

speij002
Mitglied

Is there any way to discover what could be an estimated time of arrival of this feature? How does this work at Hubspot? ROBINHQ is new to the community so probably more experienced users could tell....

speij002
Mitglied

Unfortunately this Zapier suggestion is not an option as the 'Due Date' of the task is not mentioned in the subject or bodytext of the reminder email. Also tasks are not part of the info Zapier could work on as far as I can see.

AdamRicci
Mitglied

How on earth is this not basic functionality? 

Embarrassing to report this back to team members. Massive oversight. 

AdamRicci
Mitglied

These things need native calendar integration or what the hell is the point of using it to plan your day? 

perg
Mitglied

Integration of tasks to google calendar would really be a huge upgrade 🙂

davidrevis
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

And we need it in Outlook too please?

EnricoGiardini
Mitglied

For sure integration between sales Task and personal Google Calendar will help to better organize my working days and avoid missing task.

alexiskawa
Mitglied

Looking forward to see any update on this

bpcharles
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Elite Partner

Our clients are clamoring for this to be done immediately. Not having a calendar built in or integrated fully has them considering jumping ship from a multi-CRM and 10 Sales Pro users setup with HubSpot because of things like this that have gone ignored.

Please update us on this