HubSpot Ideas

lgibbons

Survey Monkey Connector - enable email editing

Enable ability to edit emails triggered from integration with Survey Monkey so that the email can be customised and the design can be adjusted to look more professional.

4 Replies
Crystal_Hopper
Key Advisor

Yes! I just had reason to attempt this functionality but there's a problem that, for me at least, makes this unusable. Here's my story:

I set up a survey in SurveyMonkey with no collectors. I made sure the survey was syncing with my Hubspot account. I selected a few test accounts from the contact list: one was an Outlook email account and the other a Yahoo account. I followed the directions to send the survey from the contact list (found in this article Use HubSpot's integration with SurveyMonkey). Hubspot created it's own email collector and sent the survey to the accounts. However, upon receipt it appeared the top half of the email body was missing. 

What I discovered was the header text contained WHITE text. When previewed in SurveyMonkey, the email sent appeared to be white text on a black background in the header. But neither Outlook desktop app or Yahoo online saw the black header, only the white text. Therefore it was white on white and unreadable to the viewer. No amount of effort on my part could change the email format for this collector. 

We need a solution to modify that default email BEFORE it is sent out. Another option I thought of is that we should be able to create an email collector in SurveyMonkey and format all 3 of the available emails, then when we select a survey in Hubspot we could also be able to select which email collector we want it to send through. This way we could have multiple email, or web link, collectors per survey for testing purposes. But Hubspot cannot be allowed to continue making it's own email collector if the emails are going to be unusable. 

Here is a screenshot of the email from within the Outlook Desktop app:

HS-SurveyMonkey-Email-Recipient-View-White-Text-09-2022.PNG

Obviously there's a problem viewing the email, so I clicked the offered link in Outlook to view the email online, and this is how it looks. Much for formatting, but none of this formatting was chosen by me. This all comes from the Hubspot-created collector.

HS-SurveyMonkey-Email-Recipient-View-Viewed-in-Browser-09-2022.PNG

MarkusC

+1 for this idea. Happy to finally be able to send a survey from the Contacts dashboard, but the template is VERY generic. It would be great to be able to edit this.

JFuller3

Supporting this idea. There needs to be a way for us to edit the survey collection email for this integration to be viable. One of the major value adds of paying for SurveyMonkey branding control and tools to increase response rate and a value add of Hubspot is creating polish and an automation to contact communication - you can't really call this an integration if the connector breaks both of these value adds.

GStarley

Has there been any progress with this one? The response rate from the generic template is very poor, and we want to be able to personalise it, and make relevant to the survey invitation.