HubSpot Ideas

arthorburn

Suppress Live Chat prompt once user has closed it.

While Hubspot is very vocal about putting customers and users first, there has been a clear oversight in the features of Live Chat. 

I have a situation where I've applied the same targetted message across multiple pages (using the Website URL | Contains| domain.com/folder/ rule). What this means, however, is that when a user visits a page with this targeted message, they are prompted with a Live Chat prompt message. If they see the prompt, close it, and then visit another page with the same targetted message, the prompt message pops up again. 

This is great from the business's perspective, but doesn't solve for the user and diminishes their UX. The only workaround is to completely remove the prompt, which would risk missing engagement opportunities. 

Can Hubspot develop a feature that:

• Enables us to suppress this prompt once a user has closed it.
  • Allows us to determine whether the prompt should be suppressed indefinitely, for that session only, or for a certain number of sessions.
8 Replies
tommitchell
Contributor

Please consider adding the functionality to prevent the chat bubble welcome message from appearing over and over again on each new page of a visitor's session once they have closed it - please please please! Thanks!

mark_vande_haar
Contributor

This is a feature that is desperately needed. 

• Enables us to suppress this prompt once a user has closed it.
  • Allows us to determine whether the prompt should be suppressed indefinitely, for that session only, or for a certain number of sessions.

Is there any update or workaround on this? 

cdewey22
HubSpot Product Team

tommitchell
Contributor

Woohoo!

bbergman

Please let us know when this is complete! We just switched from Intercom and were able to block chatbots from appearing for x number of days after displaying to a customer. Now we have them popping up every page load. 

tilly
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all! When a visitor manually closes the chat widget, the hs-messages-is-open cookie (documented here) will prevent the widget from automatically re-opening on subsequent page loads in that browser session for 30 minutes when the cookie expires. Please let me know if you have any questions and thank you for the feedback!

MrL

Thank you, first and foremost, however 30 minutes is not long enough. I mean, what's the big deal? Please let the user allow when to display the bubble and when not. I find it obstructing and annoying when looking for things and the bubble covers up the content. Please kindly consider some sort of setting to disable it entirely, or to determine the for how long before the bubble would spawn again for a user. Thank you.

Martin

Klapprodt
Contributor

I support that.

Also I want to add the request that you can set the time the chatbot stays closed after the user manually closes it.

While it is convenient that the bubble is closed for some time, when the user closes it manually, I would like to have the option to set it to "infinite".

My use case:

I have different chatflows for different app pages and I want to show a reminder to the user (e.g. "check out this new feature"). Once the user closes the bubble, I don't want it popping up after 30 mins and then again and again.

On other pages I want the bubble to reappear. In this case the standard behavior is fine.