HubSpot Ideas

SSpearman

Support for dyslexic people

Most websites that you come across all have an option to enlarge the text or even a Back screen To help support people with dyslexia.

I'm fortunate that I have coloured glasses to help with the delay in processing of text that is black on white background.

the reason why the colour is important is that it slows down the light coming into your are is to read the code (words).helping the person with dyslexia to process what is on the screen (access to work)

I believe most fonts on websites are a standard font of Arial or comic Sans size 12 to 14.this would go a long way to supporting people with dyslexia that have to work 3 times harder than Normal people and therefore the productivity is decreased.even having a magnifying glass option to make the screen bigger would help.and also spoke to your colleague earlier, trying to read the exam answers on the multiple-choice test is extremely hard as a software I use will not copy and read the text and also the text is quite small, again making extremely hard to process the information.

if you need ideas, please go to the British dyslexia Association BDA and they can help you with ideas. Website

On this website you can see that the background is skin colour and the text is aerial.

hope this helps and if you need any help, please contact me

0 Upvotes