HubSpot Ideas

JimA

Support for a 3rd Party Mac email client

Hi,

I would love to have email integration with a Mac email client.

I understand that integration with Mac Mail and Outlook for Mac is not possible given the existing design of Mail and Outlook fo Mac.

From the HS Knowledgebase:

Outlook for Mac's APIs do not allow us to issue any commands. This means that the add-in would not be able to insert a tracking pixel or a portal's BCC address into outgoing emails.

And I hear that the HS development team is working on an integration with Office 365 for Outlook Anywhere (aka webmail). But for those of us who use Macs AND and email client (rather than webmail), can you develop an intgreation wiht a 3rd-party Mac e-mail client (Spark, Postbox, Airmail, etc...)? Do any of these have APIs that would allow HubSpot to issue commands (or whatever is necessary to create the integration)?

Thanks,

jim

25 Replies
christianstene
Member | Diamond Partner

I would love this 😄 

manjar

Any word on this?  I use Spark email on mac and would love an HS CRM integration. 

JimA
Contributor

Dear Nice People at Hubspot,

So.... whadaya think? Good idea — developing an integration that works with Mac clients that are NOT Microsoft?

Please.

Pretty please.

crysinsf

Agree 100. I use Airmail. Please. 

irenehg

Dear Hubspot team,

This idea has been around for a year and if my understanding is correct there is not yet any available integration with a Mac email client (I use Spark). 

Could you share with us if you intend to add this feature to your roadmap in the near future?

Thanks

MsN1ce

Dear Hubspot team,

gogogogo for Spark integration. 

Stuartb

+1 for Spark integration.

jimboroberts
Contributor | Elite Partner

Would love this idea, again a Spark user.

emantaylor
Participant

Bump for Spark

comrade38

Bump for Spark or Airmail.

SuccessHackerAM

+1 for Spark, Airmail, or any MacOS email client

WillTBR

+1 for a Spark integration as well!

StarlingData

+1 for Spark.... as for logging, can you not just BCC to the "secret" HubSpot address? Obviously this doesn't do much for adding contacts.

drleonk
Participant

+1 Spark integration

emantaylor
Participant

+1 for Spark 

acooper
Participant

Please integrate with Airmail.  Our whole company uses Airmail.

drleonk
Participant

Any possibility on Spark integration?

Erdem

Same challenge: although we are using Gmail services as a company, I would like to a mail client on Mac, and not have to use Gmail webmail nor Outlook on Mac which is apparently not ideal with HubSpot. 

arlogilbert
Contributor

Outlook has recently released a brand new and quite amazing version for Mac that is hands down the best email & calendar client for Mac.

The Outlook add-In oddly requires that we connect an Office 365 email box which makes no sense. Perhaps the ability to create meetings is specific to the hosting provider, but there are MANY users of Outlook Mac who connect to Gsuite accounts (like our entire company). 

Even if the functionality was limited in the Outlook add-in without being connected to an O365 inbox, at the very least it would be great to see the contact and deal info records from Hubspot related to the contact. That doesn't require communicating with MS servers at all.

As a next "would be great", why not at least enable tracking & logging in the add-in regardless of who the email host is? I assume (perhaps wrongly) that HubSpot is leveraging the local credentials to make the API call to get generate & inject a tracking pixel into the email before it is sent to the outgoing email server.

I can't imagine this is a huge amount of engineering work to just put in some conditionals to allow users to have reduced functionality without the O365 inbox connection.

Finally, this is the kind of feature that makes HubSpot stickier because users embed it into their daily workflows versus just bcc'ing a hubspot email account.

YHébert

Yes please add an integration in HS with Airmail it will be appreciated by many users !

Many CRM like Pipedrive, Zoho and Sales Force offers integration with Airmail 4. 

Thanks in advance.

Yves Hébert