Support for Smart content on external websites (like Wordpress) just like smart CTA's w/ embed code

Smart CTA's can be added to any external website (for example Wordpress), by injecting the JavaScript embed code HubSpot can create for CTA's.

Similarly, it should be possibly to add smart content to websites hosted outside of HubSpot (in particular Wordpress), by embedding JavaScript code in the same way this already works for smart CTA's.

HubSpot updates
43 Replies
Jose_Diaz
New Contributor

That would be amazing! That is something my team and I have been looking for - creating a more personalized user experience through smart content even if the website is hosted on another CMS.

rhosman
New Contributor

Would very much welcome this feature. Since our CMS platforms demand more complex features than we can accomplish within Hubspot. Would be great to create personalized experiences in our External CMS systems.

umair
Regular Contributor

My team is also looking for such a feature, is there any update regarding this? 

IVRCMO
Regular Contributor

Same here. We really need this feature that is often available in other marketing automation suites. Hubspot really needs this in order for it to continue to be a viable tool for us.

richardchan
New Contributor

What is the update on Smart Content for external CMS like WordPress?

IVRCMO
Regular Contributor

This is sorely needed or we may need to move to a CRM that has better integration with our primary domain. With the latest AI analysis of how Google ranks search returns based in large part on user experience, subdomain/offsite landing pages are no longer a good idea. So we need to be able to define custom content on our website when we get a visitor who is in a sequence.

We tried the API to at least know if a website visitor is a Hubspot contact, and it worked, but the endpoint closed for us after the "error rate" (not-a-contact) exceeded 5%. Insane.

Hubspot -- we need this.

umair
Regular Contributor

@IVRCMO How did you do that? using the JS API? I plan to implement this as well.

IVRCMO
Regular Contributor

I was using server-side PHP to parse the JSON. The developer discussion is here: https://integrate.hubspot.com/t/is-there-a-way-to-tell-if-i-have-a-hubspot-contact-on-my-external-si...

bradgerlach
Regular Contributor

I am not sure why HubSpot doesn't already allow this. I have clients that will never be on HubSpot due to customized needs. This shouldn't be difficult considering this is a feature that Sharp Spring has on their platform. 

raphaelarias
Regular Contributor

That would be really great. Apparently no response from Hubspot though.