HubSpot Ideas

ebartholomew

Super admin granting same access as a Sales seat

Have had a few customers asking for something similar. Super admin access does not allow admins to have the same access to specific tools as someone with a sales seat such as editing playbooks. In certain circumstances, the super admin and executive needs to be able to access and edit these sales tools for the sales team to use, but not for personal use. This currently requires a sales seat but the executive is not someone who needs this sales seat in their current position. Is there anything in development that would allow Super admins access to everything without using this Sales/service seat or having to pay additionally for it?

10 Replies
GlennMillerLupo
Contributor | Platinum Partner

AS More and more businesses come onto HubSpot and we see more inbound 'manager' type admin roles being developed around the ecosystme, As a pltinum HubSpot partner we're seeing a definate need evolve more so no than ever before to  have an option for 'admin' users to setup and maintain but not use the tools.

andrewcwc

This is the crux: "allow Super admins access to everything without using this Sales/service seat or having to pay additionally for it". I am an one of two admins of our team and we find it a huge frustration that we (admins) cannot manage/advise on various items like templates and snippets. As I personally do not use the Hubspot environment for CRM & Sales, in order for me to have various access to manage my team (e.g. templates/snippets), Hubspot in effect is "forcing" us to pay for additional sales starter licences. Is this fair? I think not. I sincerely urge Hubspot to rethink this access without delay.

BigDaddyBear
Participant

Completely agree with this. I am having to assign myself a seat - at the detriment of somebody else - every time I want to access certain sales tools. It is really frustrating! 

Sdiddy407
Contributor

I would agree, this is really frustrating.

PaulClappers
Contributor

This really frustrating. As a superadmin, I have to switch accounts all the time, to make these simple adjustments for our sales team. 

katiebroyles
Participant

Definitely could use this, especially since  our marketing team has grown, they don't necessarily need access to the tools behind a paid sales or servicing side, but could really use the full capability of the conversations tab in hubspot and have access to all the snippets.

Jarrick
Participant | Diamond Partner

We need the ability to have a sales/operations engineer or sales/operations admin role. I am trying to have my developers create a custom quote template but they are getting blocked saying that they need to have a paid sales seat to work with the e-signature/payment tools. It makes no sense to pay for a sales seat for team members who aren't using the sales tools day to day.

BCombs1

Why does a Super Admin need a sales seat to do the day to day upkeep of HubSpot? I am trying to create a folder to house sales documents and I am getting an error that I have reached my upload limit. As the Admin I want to control the folder and make sure nothing is deleted by any users. So if I have to have a sales seat to upload documents then why have permissons not to allow someone to delete the documents? Very counter intuitive dont you say?

TaiCWP

To add on to this, keeping snippets gated behind seats is a big disadvantage. As a super admin, I have to steal one of our employee's seats to edit them. These need to be editable by admin and seems like a huge oversight or purposeful omittance to force seat purchases for people who aren't client facing. 

JStephens

I agree that there should be some level of operations/sales admin access for a Super Admin. As an Executive Director for a small company, I need to be a Super Admin but I do not need to utilize all the sales tools. However, I have to give myself a sales seat so that I can support our team in an administrative capacity. Very frustrating. Should not have to use a sales seat for a super admin to have access to everything. That's usually what a super admin is.