HubSpot Ideas

BoBradt

Super Admin Role & Sales Enterprise Seat with SCIM

Hi there,

We recently configured SCIM with Okta for our organization. Previously we had roles & rights assigned manually, including 3 of our Super Admins that also had a Sales Enterprise seat. In configuring SCIM, I assigned each of our Super Admins the corresponding role 'Super Admin'. However, once the provisioning was activated, they lost access to their sales enterprise seat. According to support, there is currently no way for a user to have both the super admin role assigned in Hubspot, as well as access to a paid sales enterprise seat, when SCIM is activated. Therefore my request is:

- Please create a super admin role that includes a sales enterprise seat or allow super admins to toggle the sales enterprise seat on or off for the role

Atualizações da HubSpot
Status atualizado para: Delivered
January 19, 2022 03:30 PM

Hello BoBradt,

We made a recent fix to allow Super Admins to also have paid seat functionality in SCIM. Please let me know if you are seeing any errors! 

6 Comentários
fml88
Membro

@BoBradt do you know how to give users in HubSpot that have been created in SCIM?

HubSpot does not allow me to edit roles or permissions for a user that has been created in SCIM (in our case Okta).

BoBradt
Membro

Hi @fml88, you will have to contact your IdP Admin (Okta). Then you have to make sure that the Job Role matches the name of the role of the user in Hubspot. Else the users will have minimal access. That's the only way to manage SCIM users unfortunately. I found the documentation here to be very useful: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/provision-hubspot-users-with-scim-through-okta - hope that helps you!

Status atualizado para: Delivered
Flora
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Hello BoBradt,

We made a recent fix to allow Super Admins to also have paid seat functionality in SCIM. Please let me know if you are seeing any errors! 

BoBradt
Membro

Hi Flora! Those are fantastic news! 🙂 Thank you!

BoBradt
Membro

Hi Flora, I just tried to make the changes for our organization, however unfortunately this does not work. I am still getting the same error as previously. When trying to give a paid seat to a super admin that is connected to SCIMWhen trying to give a paid seat to a super admin that is connected to SCIM
How can I resolve this?

BoBradt
Membro

Ah I see, the key is to create a new role that has the super admin capability enabled! #solved