HubSpot Ideas

Herman

Submit Form API - take also hidden fields into account

Startpoint:

Hubspot Form with some hidden fields with preselected default values.

Case 1:

- Publish this form as a Hubspot embed or on a Hubspot page

- Fill in this form

- All fields are taken into account (also the hidden fields with preselected default values) as the normal form behaviour.

Case 2:

- Fill in this form using the Form API

- Only submitted fields are take into account, the hidden fields (with preselected values)  of the form are NOT processed and stored for that contact. You have to submit also the hidden fields with the API to store them in the CRM. 

Doesn't seem logic and a parameter in the API should give you the ability to experience the normal form behaviour?

1 Commentaire
MFischer
Participant | Partenaire solutions Platinum

I have also just stumbled across this problem. In my opinion, it makes absolutely no sense to handle hidden fields differently for forms that are submitted via the Forms API than for embedded forms.

In a campaign we have the need to set some fields per form statically. For example, the country.
Since the data is sent via the Forms API, we now always have to transfer these values, which is illogical and makes the whole thing unnecessarily complicated.

Hidden fields should always be treated in the same way, regardless of whether the data is sent via the Forms API or an embed form is used.

Therefore +1 from my side.