HubSpot Ideas

mobmath

Subcategories in Company Property

Conditional drop down in any Company/Contact property would be of great benefit.

For ex: If Industry type is Retail, the next option will list with sub categories like, Clothing, Appliance, Florist etc.

Mises à jour HubSpot
January 31, 2023 12:45 PM

Hey @JenniferErena, thanks for the question. Unfortunately I can't comment on release plans for this feature, but I can promise to surface that feedback to my team. If you're still interested in helping us learn a bit about whether this functionality would solve your needs, we'd greatly appreciate your time!

January 31, 2023 11:14 AM

Update, 2/1: Due to an enthusiastic response, this research study is now fully booked. Thank you all for applying!

Previous message is below:

___

Hi everyone! My name is Kyle and I’m a Product Designer at HubSpot. Good to meet you!

Some good news: we’re aiming to add new functionality that will allow you to define conditional options for fields. With this, you'll be able to show options in one field based on a chosen option in another field. Based on what I’ve been reading here, I think this would solve many of your needs. But first, we have to test it to make sure it’s easy to use and understand. That’s where you come in.

Would any of you be interested in participating in a paid user research study, testing Conditional Property Options? In order to ensure that this feature is effective and easy-to-use, we need to test it with you, our users. That will help us understand how well it works and meets your expectations.

Session details:

- Participants will be paid upon completion of the session
- Session will require no more than 45 minutes of your time.
- Session will consist of a recorded Zoom call where you’ll complete tasks using a prototype of this new feature
- You’ll be asked to provide honest feedback as you go

Interested? Please sign up using this Google Form . If you qualify, we’ll reach out to set up a time to talk. Thank you, this study is now fully booked.

Once you’ve submitted the form:
If you qualify, you’ll receive an email within the next 48 hours with the subject, “Schedule a HubSpot UX Research Session”. Just pick a time and we'll do the rest. We’re looking forward to sharing this prototype with you and gathering your feedback.

10 Commentaires
Supplycompass
Participant

Completely Agree. This is feels like quite a basic function for categorisation. Please add this soon! Thanks

BrendaF
Membre

Much needed function. Please add soon. Thanks

JenniferErena
Contributeur

Yes, it is a basic function in OLD CRMs, wish we had it here.

ABuntain
Membre

100% Agree! Hubspot - please add as soon as possible!

Jaycee_Lewis
Gestionnaire de communauté

Upvoting based on several recent customer requests for this feature

agerada
Membre

Yes, if you could please add this feature it'll save us the headache of figuring out work arounds that only serves as clutter for our system.

samriach
Participant

We would find the ability to have sub-categories super valuable also. 

E.g Closed lost reason = feature gap > Select which feature (or free text). 

Designer-Kyle
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Update, 2/1: Due to an enthusiastic response, this research study is now fully booked. Thank you all for applying!

Previous message is below:

___

Hi everyone! My name is Kyle and I’m a Product Designer at HubSpot. Good to meet you!

Some good news: we’re aiming to add new functionality that will allow you to define conditional options for fields. With this, you'll be able to show options in one field based on a chosen option in another field. Based on what I’ve been reading here, I think this would solve many of your needs. But first, we have to test it to make sure it’s easy to use and understand. That’s where you come in.

Would any of you be interested in participating in a paid user research study, testing Conditional Property Options? In order to ensure that this feature is effective and easy-to-use, we need to test it with you, our users. That will help us understand how well it works and meets your expectations.

Session details:

- Participants will be paid upon completion of the session
- Session will require no more than 45 minutes of your time.
- Session will consist of a recorded Zoom call where you’ll complete tasks using a prototype of this new feature
- You’ll be asked to provide honest feedback as you go

Interested? Please sign up using this Google Form . If you qualify, we’ll reach out to set up a time to talk. Thank you, this study is now fully booked.

Once you’ve submitted the form:
If you qualify, you’ll receive an email within the next 48 hours with the subject, “Schedule a HubSpot UX Research Session”. Just pick a time and we'll do the rest. We’re looking forward to sharing this prototype with you and gathering your feedback.

JenniferErena
Contributeur

Hi @Designer-Kyle , would this feature testing be available for Pro users.  If so, I am glad to do testing. 

Designer-Kyle
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hey @JenniferErena, thanks for the question. Unfortunately I can't comment on release plans for this feature, but I can promise to surface that feedback to my team. If you're still interested in helping us learn a bit about whether this functionality would solve your needs, we'd greatly appreciate your time!