HubSpot Ideas

atma

Sub-bullets should have different numbering to bullets in Knowledge Base articles

Numbered lists have an option to indent into a sub-bullet and sub-sub-bullet. Those second level and third level items are showing normal numbering, same as the first level items i.e.:

1. This is first level

1. This is second level

2. This is second level

1. This is the third level

2. This is first level

But obviously the second and third levels should have some other identifiers like a), b), c), or i), ii), iii). Just as it is in Microsoft Word.

I pointed this out to Support as a bug but they informed me it is treated as a feature request and is best posted as an idea!

7 Replies
laurenstine

Not only are you unable to change the type, you also cannot use Shift + Enter to have an indented line below a bullet for something like a note below the step. It should work like the editor in this forum:

1. Step one
    *Note for step one - used Shift + Enter and typed *
  2. Step 2
    • note one
    • note two
  3. Step 3

The above two examples are not available in the knowledge base editor.

HubDoPete
Guide | Gold Partner

I agree, we had opened a case initially to address sequences not following sequential numbering, 

e.g. 1, 2, 7, 6, 8 ...   but that bug is now resolved, so the remaining functionality required is to vary the format of sub-bullets.

HubSpot often uses bullets within a sequenced list in many of their articles, but today we cannot do this in ServiceHub

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/campaigns-user-guide-v2/how-to-create-a-campaign

Today the only method for a sequence of steps, is to number everything

(which are not clear instructions for a knowledgebase article with steps and sub-steps)

1. This is first level

1. This is second level

2. This is second level

1. This is the third level

2. This is first level

raylawrence
Participant

Plus, if  want to add an image in a numbers list the sequence always restats after the image.

The Numbered list functionality needs building out a bit IMO.

davharts
Participant

I totally agree. It would also be great to add support for the common keyboard shortcut for adding an ordered and unordered (bulleted) list within notes:

• Ctrl + Shift + 6 for ordered lists
  • Ctrl + Shift + 7 for unordered (bulleted) lists

I know it seems minor, but when I'm on a call, it would be hugely helpful to be able to use a keyboard shortcut to start a new list instead of needing to use my mouse to open the nested text editor menu.

goconnor
HubSpot Product Team

This issue among others has been addressed in our new editor update. Please see this page for all details https://www.hubspot.com/product-updates/knowledge-editor-update

HubDoPete
Guide | Gold Partner

This is an awesome Knowledgebase Editor update - great work team thank you 🙂

CMaxwell1

I cannot do this and Goconnor's recommendation for using  https://www.hubspot.com/product-updates/knowledge-editor-update isn't working.