HubSpot Ideas

BrianDunn

Structured Data for SEO

My idea is to grant users the ability to set-up "structured data" on blog posts to help with SEO.

Structured data is a system of pairing a name with a value that helps search engines categorize and index your content. Microdata is one form of structured data that works with HTML5. Schema.org is a project that provides a particular set of agreed-upon definitions for microdata tags.

Structured data seems to matter more often now with search engines and help boost SEO. 

80 Comentários
bruceayerman
Participante

Thank you, Jon!

Best,

Bruce

marthavanberkel
Membro

We've been working with some Hubspot certified partners using our Schema App Highlighter to optimize not only the blog content on the site, but any landing page, product pages, services pages, etc.

What makes it easy is that you set it up in 10 minutes, add Javascript to Hubspot, or use a Google tag on the website, and bang, you're done.

Schema App specializes in schema markup and doing it at scale...without development and properly to you get the most results from Google, Bing, Alexa, etc.

hojjohan
Participante | Parceiro Diamante

Hallo

!!! update 9th januari 2019 !!!

We have these modules operational on several websites, HubSpot does not allow us to add them to the marketplace because they work on an own system since 1st december 2018. In the mean time we can sell directly these modules and inject them in your portal.

!!! update 1st december 2018 !!!

HubSpot has removed our structured data modules from the marketplace.  HubSpot is working on a similar solution BUT the HubSpot solution is not  yet available. In the mean time we can sell the module direct. Contact us here and we will inject the module in your HubSpot portal.

See the CM Blogpost Structured Data in action here.

leadstreet-structured-data-google-webmaster-tools.jpg

We have created 7 custom modules that generates structured data in ld+json format

2 are already available in the marketplace
https://marketplace.hubspot.com/products?provider=leadstreet

- for blogposts > https://marketplace.hubspot.com/products/leadstreet/cm-blogpost-structured-data

- for video's >  https://marketplace.hubspot.com/products/leadstreet/cm-video-structured-data

5 coming up, as soon as HubSpot Marketplace approved them

- organisation

- event

- local business

- product

- book
You can check them out on our technical blog

https://www.leadstreet.be/en/blog

Johan Vantomme
leadstreet.be & leadstreet.co.uk

jeremyk
Membro

Any updates on whether HubSpot is moving on this at all? I cannot believe that structured data isn't something that's supported since almost all of their clients have blogs and such, which at the minimum, should have some structured data layered in.

Assuming they're working on it - is there any kind of timeline? 

Jon_Sasala
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

In the meantime @jeremykhere is an easy way to add structured data to your HubSpot websites. By using HubL tokens that display values unique to each HubSpot portal, this code can be implemented with limited customization. We did the work, you can steal it.

jeremyk
Membro

@Jon_Sasala Thanks for sharing! I'll have my team implement this onto our site right away. This is really cool.

I can't believe how far ahead the HubSpot community is compared to HubSpot itself on what should be core features of the platform....

DaisyDKroon
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Ouro

Strangely enough we are not yet able to add structured data to our blog posts, which makes it harder for us content managers to position our posts. I think this should be one the priorities for Hubspot, how can we do inbound through content if we are leaving a key SEO strategy behind?

Status atualizado para: In Planning
tilly
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

abourdon
Colaborador(a)

Please add Schema.org markup capabilities. At the very least, we should have FAQ and How-To. Please implement in 2019- other platforms are supporting this now, and  Google is expected to put a huge emphasis on this during the year.

aykut
Membro

Are there any plans adding support for Google Structured Data Markup adding into articles this year? Or did you already added that and am I missing it?

hojjohan
Participante | Parceiro Diamante

Hallo all

We have these modules operational on several websites, HubSpot does not allow us to add them to the marketplace because they work on their own system since 1st december 2018. In the mean time we can sell directly these modules and inject them into your portal.

Check out our technical blog https://www.leadstreet.be/en/blog

Johan Vantomme
leadstreet.be & leadstreet.co.uk

oliviahornstein
Membro

It would be great to be able to use Structured Data to improve the SEO results for blog post dates!

abourdon
Colaborador(a)

Agreed. Poor SEO performance is why my company migrated away from HS for our blog hosting. Now it's on our Wordpress instance, along with the rest of our site. We do still use HS for hosting our gated content, but that's mostly for infrustructure and brand consistency reasons.

brendanyong
Participante

What's the update on this? 

Appreciate an official hubspot reply

KeyWestScott
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

Hey, Hubspot....   How about an update????  This has been in "Planning" since 2017.......

Scott

tim_tenantbase
Participante

I've been told by our account rep that this should be rolled out in the upcoming weeks, but have not been given specific details.

It honestly really upsets me the HubSpot has positioned itself as the Inbound Marketing platform that it is, yet it doesn't provide this critical SEO component to help position content on the SERP. Even more so, there has been little to no acknowledgement of this on their end other than throwing it into "Planning" more than a year ago. In my opinion anybody trying to do inbound via HubSpot up to this point has been playing the game with a significant handicap compared to a majority of other tools out there.

I've tried to be patient, but if this is not addressed soon we're moving our blog/content to another platform and not looking back.

KeyWestScott
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

Well, with that news, I'm just hoping that they don't wait until Inbound, in September to "announce" this new feature.....

Scott

marthavanberkel
Membro

We have been working with Hubspot customers to optimize their content (any and all) with structured data. We are a software platform called Schema App (https://www.schemaapp.com). Happy to share how we have done it if it is of value. 

grantfrontrow
Colaborador(a)

I would also really like to be able to easily add structured data to the individual HubSpot blog posts. I've added Jon Sasala's structured data from his article but that only works for the blog overview page, not individual posts.

Jon_Sasala
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

@dgrant the Blog-wide Schema template should be adding markup to your individual posts. You'll need to confirm the template has been added to your Blog listing pages header HTML.

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 11.22.22 AM.png

Feel free to reach out over here on our article and I would be happy to confirm everything is set up on your site properly. I will need your web domain.