HubSpot Ideas

IdeaGuy42

Strategy to limit multiple false "Open Email" Notifications for the same tracked email

Problem: When I send out an email I get multiple notifications that the tracked email has been opened when in reality the Contact actually opened the email once or twice.  In once case, I received 13 notifications within a 7 hour period!

Verified Reason: Some email clients like (Outlook or Apple Mail) have a preview pane as part of the inbox view, and if recipients scroll over your email in their inbox (even passively), this can trigger an email open notification.

Perhaps HubSpot could create a filter that allows the user to dynamically limit alerts. For example, you could set the filter to send an alert the first time a contact opens the email or limit notifications to once/day or 3/day, etc.

In the meantime, I will have to turn the feature off because the notifications cannot be trusted and just flood my phone with unnecessary alerts when a Contact is just scrolling through their emails & not actually opening up my email

3 Replies
lorennaeunapio
Participant

Happens the same here. This definitely needs to be revised. 

KyleMcCarty

I just posted something similar this as well. I've also noticed that if I'm opening emails in my sent folder or clicking links in the email pre-send to verify it's going to the right place, then it shows up as the prospect opening the email and visiting the link or document.

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone! I'm pleased to share that we have plans to improve this later this year.