HubSpot Ideas

Hepworthnot

Stop automatically adding contacts to deals

Hi,

when I email someone from a deal they are automatically added to the deal as a contact.

I do not want that to happen - it is a really annoying feature.

Please can you make it stop happening?

Thanks

Phil

2 Replies
SEAliling

I am raising the same concern. Support response is "that is how the system is designed". Now I have a lot of deals automatically associated with the same contact.  And when I send an email to that contact, the email is also unnecessarily associated with all those other unrelated deals. 

The only way for you to do it at this point is to revisit the deal where you sent the email and removed those unnecessarily associated deals. A total waste of time. Been dealing with Hubspot support staff for the last 18 days and I never got a clear answer.

Hepworthnot

What I don;t understand is that this did not used to happen. Something changed around the time I posted the issue - why not just reverse whatever it was that caused the change.

Do HubSpot staff look at this forum or are we wasting time posting here? Maybe as there's only two people (apparently) concerned by the issue it does warrant much attention which I can understand.