HubSpot Ideas

leebetts

Start sequence from a reply in gmail

I would like the ability to start a sequence from a reply in gmail.

Here is just one use case:

1. We start a prospect on a sequence, which encourages them to book a demo with us.

2. The prospect replies to one of the emails in the sequence and says:

"Thanks Lee, I'll book a time next week."

3. Now we want to enroll that prospect in a new sequence that says "thank you" and then follows up with him multiple times if the prospect forgets to book a demo.

We have multiple use cases like this.

Without the ability to do this in gmail, we'll have to jump in and out of the CRM tens of times per day. Not ideal.

Atualizações da HubSpot
Status atualizado para: Not Currently Planned
January 20, 2021 01:38 PM

Hi Community, 

Just want to give an update here because it has been some time since the last update came though, I'm sorry about that. This is still being reviewed, and a problem that we plan to prioritize this year, however, it will likely come later in the year, so I am updating the status here to Not Currently Planned. 

We see a lot of value in solving this issue, especially in cases when folks are working from an email client. Once we have solved some core issues related to managing enrollments and reporting, we plan to priortize solving this problem.

Best,

Glen

Status atualizado para: Being Reviewed
April 19, 2020 04:33 PM

Hi Community, 

I'm updating this idea to "Being Reviewed". We're looking into a few variations of "replying with a sequence" and from some of the use-cases in your comments and from some customers I've spoke with, it sounds like there are a couple of ways folks think of "replying with a sequence".

If you'd be interested in providing some more feedback to help us scope out the work, you can fill out this form to participate.

1) After receiving an email, clicking "reply" and using a sequence to respond back instead of a one-off email. This seems to be the majority of feedback.

2) When sending an email to a contact, selecting an option to "follow-up" with a sequence.

We're primarily focused on #1, but would be interested to hear feedback on either. 

Best,

Glen

66 Comentários
charliepinker
Colaborador(a)

I would value the ability to enroll contacts into sequences from within gmail. In my example, I am sometimes CC'd into 'final payment reminders' from our finance team, and so I then want to make contact with the customer from a customer success perspective. I have a sequence for this, and would save me time by being to enroll the contact straight in, rather than having to open up Hubspot and do it manually. 

DOatley
Participante

I want to set up sequencing to automate follow-up pings to sales qualified leads that have not responded. In this case, an initial quotation e-mail has been sent and this is stored in the CRM system on the contact (using the BCC address). The email also has attachments. I want the sequence to reply to the last e-mail and continue to engage the potential client until we have a response, then we can continue manually. It is important that the context is included from the earlier mail with the first mail of the sequence, and any subsequent sequence mails. (i.e, the attachments for the first e-mail, the email thread, and the RE:<email subject> should also be included. This would make the sequencing feature very useful for us, can it be prioritised?

Judson
Membro

@glencornell Any updates on this? Your last update was in 2021 and that made it sound like you were going to make it happen in late 2021. 

KBrunstetter
Participante

Please prioritize this. Many deals have been lost, vs our previous platform, now that we have the inability to keep follow up in the same email thread.

PThom
Participante

Has this truly not been addressed since 2021? Or am I missing the thread? 

SUstinov
Membro

Hubspot is really turning into Salesforce in terms of user or customer experience.