HubSpot Ideas

leebetts

Start sequence from a reply in gmail

I would like the ability to start a sequence from a reply in gmail.

Here is just one use case:

1. We start a prospect on a sequence, which encourages them to book a demo with us.

2. The prospect replies to one of the emails in the sequence and says:

"Thanks Lee, I'll book a time next week."

3. Now we want to enroll that prospect in a new sequence that says "thank you" and then follows up with him multiple times if the prospect forgets to book a demo.

We have multiple use cases like this.

Without the ability to do this in gmail, we'll have to jump in and out of the CRM tens of times per day. Not ideal.

HubSpot Updates
Not Currently Planned
January 20, 2021 01:38 PM

Hi Community, 

Just want to give an update here because it has been some time since the last update came though, I'm sorry about that. This is still being reviewed, and a problem that we plan to prioritize this year, however, it will likely come later in the year, so I am updating the status here to Not Currently Planned. 

We see a lot of value in solving this issue, especially in cases when folks are working from an email client. Once we have solved some core issues related to managing enrollments and reporting, we plan to priortize solving this problem.

Best,

Glen

Being Reviewed
April 19, 2020 04:33 PM

Hi Community, 

I'm updating this idea to "Being Reviewed". We're looking into a few variations of "replying with a sequence" and from some of the use-cases in your comments and from some customers I've spoke with, it sounds like there are a couple of ways folks think of "replying with a sequence".

If you'd be interested in providing some more feedback to help us scope out the work, you can fill out this form to participate.

1) After receiving an email, clicking "reply" and using a sequence to respond back instead of a one-off email. This seems to be the majority of feedback.

2) When sending an email to a contact, selecting an option to "follow-up" with a sequence.

We're primarily focused on #1, but would be interested to hear feedback on either. 

Best,

Glen

66 Replies
OhHello
Participant
Lol get in line, we've been begging for this for years
WardDeruyter

This is a very basic feature we urgently need. We have a lot of daily new leads so keeping up manually is impossible.

1) After receiving an email, clicking "reply" and using a sequence to respond back instead of a one-off email. -> this is the way to go.

RCorrall

YES! This is super important to our business as we get the majority of our leads directly into email. I really think this should be made a priority as without this the sequences and automation are severely less effective for our business. I am sure it is the same for many other users too. 

JScott55015

Is it possible to reply to an email with a sequence and maintain the same email thread? I am happy to carry the subject from the received email across. I only seem able to start a new thread if I want to reply with a sequence. 

It would be great if you could let me know if this is possible, and if so how it can be done!

Judson

This is the biggest drawback of Hubspot for our agency. We used to use saleshandy.com, which offers this replying with a sequence feature. But its very glitchy when we try to use both Hubspot and SalesHandy together in gmail. You have to choose one or the other.

Hubspot team, PLEASE make this a priority. At least explain the reason why you keep putting this on the backburner. It is such a key time-saving feature in the sales follow up process. 

CorinneS
Participant

100% agree!  We are B2B and absolutely need this feature.  When a new lead comes inbound, we enrol them in an initial sequence to provide more info.  Once they reply, there's usually somewhere between 3-12 additional emails back and forth before they actually are Closed Won.  It's crazy that we can't automate followups during that time via the gmail integration. 

What's mind boggling is that you CAN do it from inside Hubspot itself (without using the Marketing tool as the Hubspot responder suggests) So my sales reps have to take the extra step of opening the Hubspot Record (waiting several seconds for it to load) and enrolling the person from there.  As a result, I simply can't get them to do it. They're too busy and they're replying from gmail and need to move to the next person.  If they could enroll right in gmail, I'm sure I could get a much higher Win percentage because everyone would be getting automated followups reminding them about next steps to finalize their Deal. 

Instead, one of my biggest "closed lost" reasons is "stopped responding / went cold" - i.e. the customer never replied, and we were too busy to follow up since Hubspot wouldn't let us automate that.

I think it's a total cop-out to claim that this isn't a Sales tool.  (especially since you allow it inside the Hubspot site)  And you obviously have the capability to extend it to gmail since you do allow it from a new/blank email.  Why limit us on efficiency by forcing us to either open up the browser or open up a new blank email first? 

Another solve here in the bigger picture would be if Hubspot had a proper sales email inbox so my reps could be "living" in Hubspot instead of in their gmail. 

shanehubbell

Still a good idea, still not done.

jrsansom
Participant

Another customer vote for this, qualifying the need for the feature, as a valuable business use case.

Parth_Varma

I was looking for this exact feature. I am surprised that so many people are requesting it and there seems to be no updates on the issue for a year. 

DPonoroff

As an excited new husbpot user, it's more than a little surprising to discover this isn't an option. If I can enroll someone from a new email as @RyanSF  showed with his screenshots, this seems to be more UI than anything else. @glencornell It's been more than a year since your last message when you said this was going to be prioritized; do you have an update? 

Judson
Yes, any update on this? Can you explain the reason this has NOT been done
yet? This is the only major drawback for me with Hubspot.
AlykaDigital
Member | Diamond Partner

Hello, any update on this? Still waiting after years of several requests from numerous people.

Judson

@glencornell What is the update here? You mentioned that it would likely be done end of 2021. The community has been asking about this for years now. Please be straightforward and let us know if hubspot actually plans to address this issue or if your team has decided not to fix this. I would like to know if I should wait around or train my salesteam on another software like SalesHandy that offers this. Thank you.

AlykaDigital
Member | Diamond Partner

Hi @glencornell ,

Hope you are well. Any update on this one?

Thanks

BWalis

I agree. Use case is similar to others mentioned scenarios: sales proposal follow up; if not threaded in original email, then client has two email threads from sales rep, and important proposal details may be in one thread, with the follow up being in a separate thread. 

CaitlinWhite

This is a huge need for our team! Although most of our new clients reach out through our web form, we occasionally have new clients who email us directly. It would be great if we could enroll these clients in sequences through Gmail on reply - instead of just on Compose New.

ASzeto

I'm interested in this idea as well.

thatch

This thread is now 5 years old and no progress has been made...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE roll this out!

thatch

@glencornell Glen - just saw your linkedin update -

Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 12.54.43 PM.png

What if I told you that your customers would way rather be able to reply with a sequence than have a 'workspace to accelerate sales prospecting' (aka yet another lackluster Zoominfo copycat)... 

KGalligan6
I started following this thread 3 years ago and I still want this feature
today lol