HubSpot Ideas

jfreeley

Start meetings on the hour

Support rep logging for a customer.

We are looking for a way to force meetings to start on the hour. As it currently stands, as long as the buffer period has passed after the last meeting, a new meeting may be booked, even if it is not on the hour as the customer desires.

25 Replies
DVSpaul
Member | Elite Partner

I second this. I'm only wanting to show available times starting on either the hour or half-hour. However, if you have a meeting ending on a quarter-hour in your calendar, then all displayed times will be based on the quarter-hour.

Pierre-P

Totally agree. I also want my meetings to begin on the hour or half-hour.

Currently, the best workaround is to manually add a "filler" event on your calendar to have your next meetings to start on a half-hour basis. This, for every event ending on a quarter-hour. 

Hope this will be available soon.

amanda-robo
Participant

We also would like to see this feature added in. Having external meetings start on the quarter hour is odd and we've had multiple people reach out saying they can't make it for the quarter hour times and would like to reschedule for 15 min before or after the time they were forced to select.

bkmbmm
Participant

I totally agree.  NO ONE starts a meeting at 15 or 45 after the hour.  Calendy allows meetings to only be set for the top or the bottom which reflects a best practice.

CoachingDiva
Participant

I'd like to add my voice to this request. Our team is very frustrated that this is not a feature that is currently available and they voice that frustration every time they see a weird start time on their calendars. Please correct this.

MAnderson42
Member | Diamond Partner

I'd like to add my voice to this as well. The wording with "Start time increment" implies that its possible but, like others here, I wasn't able to make it work 

MAnderson42_0-1649785389214.png

LMéndez

I would like to join this request as well, our meetings need to be started at xx:00 and we cannot find a way to do it. Hope this will be corrected soon.

Jhorvath

Has this been fixed yet? Any comments from the Dev team? It's frustrating and I'm thinking of moving to Calendly due to this flaw. Thanks!

SBjornstad

Ditto to those above looking for meetings on the half hour or hour only.  Don't want the option for quarter-hour meetings.  

bkmbmm
Participant

Agree!  I feel like this is the Google approach.  Do any of you use Gmail?  Gmail is bare-bones compared to Outlook and the features Outlook has.  But Google has the approach of "it's good enough".  There is no common sense in having meetings that start at x:15 or x:45.  No real-world business person does that.  And it causes my clients heartburn too.

nsdp

Any update on this please?

Tjaj

Agreed--have just raised a support ticket on this because I assumed it was a bug. Crazy to see this is a known issue that hasn't been addressed. Will definitely use Calendly instead if this isn't possible.

JanTeamflect

This behavior is super weird. It has been almost 2 years and they have not fixed this issue. Who would want meetings that start at 15 or 45 past the hour???

They have a tool but it is impossible to use it. I created a ticket for this and the agent just wasted my time with troubleshooting questions

PChambers

I would like them to start on the hour (0:00) or half hour (0:30). When my meeting link shows meetings that end on the 15 or 45, it messes up all other meetings booked that day. 

cbreau

We really need this feature implemented.  Clients (and I) sometimes miss meetings or are late to them because we think the meeting is starting at :30 when it's actually :15 or :45.  I don't want meetings to start at :15 or :45 and my clients don't like it either.

I'd really like to see this soon as it's causing headaches.

KDuncan2

I have a workaround that's worked for us, but I agree about this needing to be something implemented by HubSpot.

We needed to set meetings to only be available at the top of every hour (10:00 am, 11:00am, 12:00pm etc.) so we changed our availability from the full length of time:

• "10:00am- 8:00pm"

to instead, hour-long blocks:

• "10:00am - 11:00am"
  • "11:00am - 12:00pm"
  • "12:00pm - 1:00pm"
  • etc.

This stops meetings from being booked in that would "cross over" out of any one availability slot, and forces meetings to only be available at the top of the hour. We just made sure to keep "Start time Increment" to 60 minutes, no buffer time, and meeting duration of 1 hour. Hope that helps.

Availability window (set to be hour long increments)Availability window (set to be hour long increments)

ASimpson3

Thank you for workaround @KDuncan2 - just tried this and it worked for me, was driving me nuts!! 

bkmbmm
Participant

Clearly, Hubspot is oblivious or does not care that every other meeting tool allows you to set up based on the hour.  

@KDuncan2, this is good idea, sorry you had to do Hubspot's job. 

Unfortunately, I have about 8 meeting links, so to do this for each of them would be insane. 

Do better Hubspot!

Scoobs
Participant

This is a pretty standard best practice. I'm surprised at how long this request has been open and unresolved. My team is trained for meetings starting at the top of the hour. Makes it much easier to avoid scheduling oversights. It is also more convenient when meetings start at the top of an hour when there is a scheduling conflict and the meeting needs to be reassigned.

The following suggested workaround did not work for me: 

Currently, the best workaround is to manually add a "filler" event on your calendar to have your next meetings to start on a half-hour basis. This, for every event ending on a quarter-hour.

image-Jun-30-2023-08-34-01-7696-PM.png

JIngendorn
Participant

Hello everyone, i got the same problem. We have Meetings at the full & at the half hour and a loooooooot (81) of meetinglinks, so i cant use your idea - unfortunately @Scoobs 😫. It would be great, if hubspot could fix this problem 😓.