HubSpot Ideas

r2davis3

Start a sequence on behalf of another HS user

After assigning a Lead to a HS Sales User, I'd like to start a Sequence on their behalf, such that the email in the sequence has the FROM email of the HS Sales User, not me (the initator of the sequence).

HubSpot Updates
Being Reviewed
October 27, 2020 07:41 AM

Hi folks,

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. We hear you loud and clear, and we agree that this functionality is important. Until recently we've been evaluating if this feature was in alignment with our overall vision for sequences. We are currently evaluating the technical feasibility to do this, and if the concept is sound, how our team will implement it. Implementation of this feature would not likely come until 2021. I will respond as soon we have an update!

Best,

Glen

Not Currently Planned
April 16, 2020 04:15 AM

Hi Community,

I'm updating this posting to "not currently planned" to be transparent that we do not plan to develop this feature in the coming quarter. I've had a chance to speak with a few of you, and recognize that many team would beneift from the ability to enroll sequences on behalf of others. This is one of our top ideas in sequences and is gaining a lot of traction, so we will continue to monitor and provide updates on a more consistent basis.

Best,

Glen

181 Replies
Ceridwen1971
Participant
This exists for us in Enterprise editions. Launched a couple of weeks ago. Not sure about the other subscription levels.
MandyL
Participant
Thank you for letting me know that. I did end up discovering that in other
relatable threads. Those who are not on the Enterprise plan didn't seem to
be happy about it. 😬 Hopefully, they'll roll it out to other levels soon.

Thanks again!
AVChrista
Contributor | Elite Partner

To build upon my previous comments, being able to enable, create, and launch sequences on the behalf of others should be a Sales Pro license level, not just an Enterprise level.  And we shouldn't need the help of workflows to do it either.

JenniferErena
Contributor

I'd like to bring this back to life - at least for admins to start a squence on behalf of a user.  

Alex32
Contributor

@MandyL  @AVChrista  @JenniferErena You could use this, if you create a workflow to create a task assigned to the other user. This would then automatically enrol the sequence from the other user. Not ideal, but would definitely help.

challhall
Member | Partner
So if I understand this correctly we can use CRM Automator to create a task
that then essentially leverages an automation to enroll a contact that is
owned by another HS user into a sequence and have it come from them as a
Sales Sequence. Is this correct? Fantastic workaround if so.
Alex32
Contributor

Create a task called "Sequence: <sequence name>", set the due date to when you want the contact to be enrolled (or the past if enrolled right away), and assign it to the user. If they have the tool installed it will then send the sequence from them.

challhall
Member | Partner
Awesome. I'm going to definitely try that. We've been really limping along
not having this functionality in place for sales support users to support
the primary business development person.
ROKelly0

@AVChrista. Even with Sale Hub Enterprise, the only way to enroll contacts on behalf of a sales person is via a workflow.  @Alex32. Great workaround Idea. Just curious is there a difference between using the plugin vs. using a workflow to enroll contacts? I definitely see the benefit on the Pro level vs. Enterprise.

nicolehodiny

It'd be super beneficial if I could change the Sender of a Sequence email to another Hubspot User instead of myself, especially since the email templates in that Sequence are written to come from a specific Hubspot User (not myself). It looks quite awkward when the Sender is me, but the person signing the email is another user. We want to see this feature happen so that I can enroll many contacts on behalf of our Community Team, and this would free up their time to focus on the relationships with those contacts enrolled in the Sequence. Thanks HubSpot!

brich

That's precisely why we needed it. We had several emails to go out on behalf of our CEO.  We had to abandon the idea because he obviously didn't have the time to administer the contacts each day and identify the ones to receive the email, and his email address had to be the sender.  

Niveathitha
Member | Platinum Partner

Its a very useful feature. Struggling with admistering the sequences. 

Akamu77
Participant

I've posted about this idea in another Idea Submission, which I think captures your use case, in addition to other related functions.  Assign Tasks, Notifications Based On User Relationships (Such As Assistant)  Give it a thumb-up if you like it.

I would like to be able to send sequences from multiple contacts at our company using my account.

I have attempted to add other rep's emails to my account to use as the send-from address, and while that does make it possible to send it from their email address, the email display name still matches the account name, creating some confusion.

What I would like to see is a list of potential send-from addresses that I can use so that I can split the outgoing sequence emails equally between sales reps.

BruceProck
Contributor
Workflow options for sequences missing ownership fields options!
Where are the ownership field options in this workflow added to the sequences? It currently seems to automate a response to a form-fill from the same user every time. Additionally, there are no delay capabilities. Our ideal flow is 1) form is filled 2) workflow automation assigns 3 ownership fields based on geo-location (this takes 20 minutes), sequence fires with emails sent via an ownership field. Any chance of these functions being incorporated?
STaraskiewicz
Participant

I am the database puppet master, and my team would like me to manage the lists/enrollment triggers/etc for sequences. Is this possible? I've tested it out and right now it looks like when I enroll people I automatically become the owner of the sequence of tasks. I have also gone in and seen that my colleague can access a sequence I've made and add people to it and she becomes the owner of those she enrolled. But in reality we want it so that I can enroll contacts and assign them to different sales team members. Is this possible? thanks

STaraskiewicz
Participant

@glencornell you said that there would be an update in 2021... it is now 2022. Any chance this will be looked at? 

SWorthy

it makes absolutely no sense that this feature currently works as it does. Anyone should be able to add leads to sequences, and the sequences should rely on the Assigned sales person by default instead of whoever is managing the lead assignment process. what a monumental waste of our sales people's times. 

ddobrien2
Participant

We're really struggling to make sequences work for us - because we have administrative assistants that do so much of the follow up with prospects on behalf of the salesperson they support. The ability to allow someone to create an email and/or a sequence on behalf of someone else would be huge. I'm assuming HubSpot's reluctant to do this out of concern that people will abuse their paid sales seats. But there's got to be ways to make this feasible (and fair to HubSpot). We can't even pay for additional seats for admins - because the sequenecs and emails they create would then come from the admin vs. the salesperson. Maybe a setting in the sales seat that says the seat holder supports another HubSpot user (and therefore all activity, emails, etc. are from the other user)?

SLindmont
Participant | Platinum Partner

This has been a struggle for my clients that work on teams. They want to create a sequence but the steps need to be assigned to different people with one client lead managing the process. They are using workflows instead that assign tasks which tell the person which email template to send, which is super clunky but working right now. They can't always use the workflow because the rep needs to personalize the message.