HubSpot Ideas

r2davis3

Start a sequence on behalf of another HS user

After assigning a Lead to a HS Sales User, I'd like to start a Sequence on their behalf, such that the email in the sequence has the FROM email of the HS Sales User, not me (the initator of the sequence).

HubSpot Updates
Being Reviewed
October 27, 2020 07:41 AM

Hi folks,

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. We hear you loud and clear, and we agree that this functionality is important. Until recently we've been evaluating if this feature was in alignment with our overall vision for sequences. We are currently evaluating the technical feasibility to do this, and if the concept is sound, how our team will implement it. Implementation of this feature would not likely come until 2021. I will respond as soon we have an update!

Best,

Glen

Not Currently Planned
April 16, 2020 04:15 AM

Hi Community,

I'm updating this posting to "not currently planned" to be transparent that we do not plan to develop this feature in the coming quarter. I've had a chance to speak with a few of you, and recognize that many team would beneift from the ability to enroll sequences on behalf of others. This is one of our top ideas in sequences and is gaining a lot of traction, so we will continue to monitor and provide updates on a more consistent basis.

Best,

Glen

181 Replies
ZviPardes
Contributor

@Ceridwen1971 Agreed! 

@tomfoutsitzis Come on, sure we can have this feature without working through a workflow! Especially when not every company can justify having enterprise-level service...

AVChrista
Contributor | Elite Partner

@tomfoutsitzis I agree with everyone else here, why is this only available through Sales Enterprise and with the assistance of a workflow? This should be a Sales Pro level offering.

tomfoutsitzis
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Ceridwen1971@AVChrista@ZviPardes, I do not have insight into why certain functionality is available in certain subscription levels as I am an Inbound Consultant rather than a Product Manager like @glencornell, but I wanted to reply with that new feature in its current state as it does solve for the intiail request below:

@r2davis3 wrote:

After assigning a Lead to a HS Sales User, I'd like to start a Sequence on their behalf, such that the email in the sequence has the FROM email of the HS Sales User, not me (the initator of the sequence).

In terms of it only being available via a workflow, enrolling contacts manually in a workflow (and in bulk) is not far off of how you would do the same with Sequences:

tomfoutsitzis_0-1631809382624.png

Thank you as always for your feedback! It only helps the product grow (not to mentions helps me out a ton in my role as an Inbound Consultant as I am able to provide more solutions as a result). 

danwetherald

Tom, this is not even close to what we need.

I need a saled agent (connector) to be able to start email sequences on my behalf. 

It BLOWS my mind that I have had to allow my sales coonector to open a new chrome window that is signed into my HubSpot account to allow us to acheive this very simple task....

Not sure why this is even a discussion to be honest.

tomfoutsitzis
HubSpot Employee

@danwetherald the article I linked to doesn't suggest needing to accomplish the task in the way you described. A sales agent can enroll a contact in a workflow (manually or via enrollment triggers) that has an action to then enroll the contact into your own personal sequence.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/sequences/enroll-contacts-in-sequences-using-workflows

Example use cases: 
Enrolling a contact in a sequence from a sales qualified form submission to schedule a meeting.
Enrolling a contact in a sequence as a hand-off from sales once a deal has closed.
Enrolling a contact into a sequence as a response to a meeting outcome of No show.

danwetherald

Original post: I'd like to start a Sequence on their behalf

So starting workflows does not help at all.... A workflow can only start a sequence on Enterprise which makes ZERO sense. This should not be a "enterprise" level feature. Just simplify the process and let other users start sequences on the behalf of another user... its pretty simple.

AVChrista

I agree with @danwetherald that this workflow capability being available for Enterprise customers seems a bit much. It should be available on the Professional level too.

Also, most of our clients do not provide their sales team with access to workflows. So that wouldn't work for many of the clients we work with. Unless a sales agent is a nice way of saying an "admin" person or your "agency partner". But then even as an agency partner we can't even start a sequence on behalf of someone else without Enterprise and even then it is with a workflow...seems a bit flawed.

Ashbrianne

My team just ran into this as well! I hope it becomes a feature soon!

TWatson1

I would like to assign a diffrent sender, or possibly have it default to the contact or deal owner.

aguth
Participant

There is a less than feasible solution with the ability to enroll contacts in a sequence from within workflows. But since you have to pre-set the sender instead of having the option to set sender = contact owner; this option of the worklfows feature is useless. I believe the missing piece is enabling  sender = contact owner  here. I submitted this idea, please upvote: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Sales-Hub-Tools/Set-sender-Contact-owner-if-contact-is-enrolled-int...

bendonahower
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hey @glencornell this is over 12 months of being in review, so I'm wondering if you have an update? I saw recently that there was expanded capabilities for super admins to do things on behalf of other users but I don't believe that it is related to sequences.

ROKelly0

Greetings Hubspot product team... Can you give an update regarding where you are with this feature?

AmyNL

If a sales person leaves the company we would like to assign an other colleague to the sequences of the colleague that left.  In order to keep the sequences going. It's 2022 now ;-), so is this possible yet?

CRunge

Hi! Any update if this is making it into the early 2022 plan for new features! The work around is very time consuming and not very scaleable to manage. (using if/then branches for each sales person and updating each time a new sales person starts or leaves.)

CUrsu1

Would be good idea, any plans to implement this in 2022?

Sean_Baker

Yep, this would be amazing. We've got hundreds of leads to send emails to now that HubSpot is implemented and two very busy sales reps, so being able to allow a sales coordinator or similar to enroll those leads on their behalf would be a major, major improvement. We were under the impression that this was possible when we signed up for Sales Hub and are disappointed to find that it's not.

TSparwasser

It is INSANE to me that Hubspot doesn't have this feature: Every competitor, e.g. salesloft, does.

What is the point of creating a sequence as a sales manager if I can't assign my sales reps leads within that sequence? I have to rely on them to do it which is of course the opposite of what any sales manager wants to do...

MBaldock

This would be very useful. We only need this function for inboud website leads to whom I would like to respond on behalf of my sales manager. 

We do not want to use a team inbox address to reply to these emails. We don't want to have to manage multiple inboxes, and our leads would have too many POC email addresses for our company which may crease friction and confusion.  

MandyL
Participant

Any recent updates to this? The last response from the HubSpot side was in 2020. 

Thank you so much!

AVChrista

It is 5 months since my last input on this request...any movement HubSpot? I love Sequences and talk them up to clients all the time, but can tell you that the adoption of using Sequences is slow. Why? Because salespeople don't have the time or want to take the time to set up their one-to-one outreach—this is where allowing a Super Admin to start a sequence on another's behalf is super important.