HubSpot Ideas

r2davis3

Start a sequence on behalf of another HS user

After assigning a Lead to a HS Sales User, I'd like to start a Sequence on their behalf, such that the email in the sequence has the FROM email of the HS Sales User, not me (the initator of the sequence).

HubSpot Updates
Being Reviewed
October 27, 2020 07:41 AM

Hi folks,

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. We hear you loud and clear, and we agree that this functionality is important. Until recently we've been evaluating if this feature was in alignment with our overall vision for sequences. We are currently evaluating the technical feasibility to do this, and if the concept is sound, how our team will implement it. Implementation of this feature would not likely come until 2021. I will respond as soon we have an update!

Best,

Glen

Not Currently Planned
April 16, 2020 04:15 AM

Hi Community,

I'm updating this posting to "not currently planned" to be transparent that we do not plan to develop this feature in the coming quarter. I've had a chance to speak with a few of you, and recognize that many team would beneift from the ability to enroll sequences on behalf of others. This is one of our top ideas in sequences and is gaining a lot of traction, so we will continue to monitor and provide updates on a more consistent basis.

Best,

Glen

181 Replies
ctyger

We would also benefit from being able to send sequences on behalf of another user in our account. Maybe it would also benefit from a setting on the user side to allow this to occur for specific individuals. 

davkie

Anyone make any progress on this issue? I'm trying to do the same.

KyleCovington1

This would be a great addition to the platform and make many things easier for us too.

Nathan_Pierce

I have a sequence set up to send emails over the course of 6 weeks.  I have a list of 500 contacts assigned to 3 different Hubspot users - And there's no way to enroll those contacts on behalf of the users? Lame!

shayam
Participant

Could really use this function right about now! Perfect for making a small sales team have the output of a large one!

challhall
Member | Partner

This feature is something that would really be a game changer in our ability to ensure all leads are being followed up with using our sequences.  Sales people are not typically the best at doing these types of tasks and they need support to execute systematic follow up activities. Any ideas when this feature might become a reality? 

mcraciun
HubSpot Employee

I definitely see the benefit of this! If you can send a sequence from a different from email address it would make sense to be able to change the from name to match that email address. 

Timboscout

Come on, Hubspot. If it works for Workflows, it's a no-brainer to make it work for sequences. Just clone the thing!

Chesta

I dont't know if "upvoting" this would really help, but this is what I have recieved as proposed "solution" from HS support.

So here I am requesting HS to release this life changing feature already!!

Timboscout

Pretty please.

Gina_V
Participant

This and/or the ability to unenroll contacts from workflows when they reply to marketing emails.  This has been really limiting. 

Jtucke6

As the account admin, it would be very useful to send emails and enroll contacts in sequences on behalf of another user. For example, I enroll contacts in sequences and send emails as the marketing manager but the email signature is the contact owner which is a sales rep. This will be helpful to get emails out for the sales team, but contacts respond to them and not me.

Kristiina

Is there a status on this? Would really need this feature!Man Frustrated

Timboscout

What ^^^ said.

jillsafetec

We would like to have multiple members of our team start and assign sequences to different users based on downloads and form submissions. This would save significant time if our sales team would not have to set up their own sequences if our interns could handle this task for us. 
I have found a few links from other services that allow you to do this:
https://support.apollo.io/hc/en-us/articles/360014092732-Select-and-Change-the-Send-From-Mailbox-for...

https://support.outreach.io/hc/en-us/articles/213736547-Switching-Email-Sender-Assigned-Sequence-Mai...

dblock
Participant

Our team needs this from an efficiency purpose.  Seems like this would not be a difficult fix.  Please make this enhancement!

brich

Yes, definitely need this.  Sales Support folks will applaud enthusiastically.  

Timboscout

Pretty Pretty Please????

Cnadler
Participant | Platinum Partner

Yes please

hughcarling
Participant | Partner

Yes, for all the reasons listed above. Please make this happen!