HubSpot Ideas

r2davis3

Start a sequence on behalf of another HS user

After assigning a Lead to a HS Sales User, I'd like to start a Sequence on their behalf, such that the email in the sequence has the FROM email of the HS Sales User, not me (the initator of the sequence).

181 Replies
CBebb

Hubspot has been considering this feature for 2 years, seriously? It's either a yes we will build and put it on the roadmap or no and just close the idea off. This is ridiculous ! Outreach has this functionality for over 4 years now... incredible how Hubspot survives without any developement. 

Kfrangos

Thanks for opening up this conversation, I will follow for updates later

AVChrista
Contributor | Elite Partner

I still agree with everyone else in this thread...it would be TIME SAVING to be able to enroll contacts into a sequence on behalf of another user. It is frustrating that Super Admins don't even have this capability. 

I understand that Sequences are to be used for personalized, one-to-one emails and use them that way. However, there are times when members on my team or clients need help getting a Sequence set up and contacts enrolled and then it is problematic because the ability to trigger a Sequence to fire on behalf of another person isn't available.

Forcing users to upgrade to Sales Enterprise to use a workflow as a workaround isn't the answer. And neither is a third-party plug-in (although I love that one exists). 

There should be a way that a user with specific permissions (Super Admin or otherwise) can enroll contacts into a Sequence on behalf of another user. Please make this happen HubSpot!

Maria5

It'll be really helpful for SDR team, any plans to implement this in 2022?

CBarr6

I would like to see this feature implemented as I support an Account Executive and do outreach on his behalf. It would be helpful if I could execute the automated emails to appear to be coming from him.

JHarvey

As an individual contributor to the Marketing department who supports a few meat eater sales folks who like to focus on "revenue-generating activities," this feature is an absolute must for our team. I was extremely surprised to find out this wasn't already a feature. @AVChrista is correct; super frustrating not to have this capability!

Jon-May
Participant | Diamond Partner

+1, get asked for this all the time. The workaround is building a workflow with individual sales users, but for large sales teams, this becomes incredibly cumbersome, especially when new team members join and when they need to be removed after leaving the business.

mikisikis

2023 is around the corner and this was in planning back in 2020....

KHeyen

Any update on this? Not being able to do this limits the use case and value of having Sales support roles. The workarounds to bypass this limitation is beyond annoying..

estelacfpilz

Any updates on this feature? 🙂

EFranken

Good morning, I am curious to know if there is any more news about this feature? Thanks in advance. Greetings Emily

LHuffines

This would be so helpful, is this still being considered?  Or this there way to Impersonate another user, to add to their sequence for them so the emails come from them?

LucasR
Member | Elite Partner

Yes, this would be great!

HRoby

We could definitely use this feature. 

DProulx

Software systems should be a help to us, not a hindrance.  Please create this feature.

atol_kelly
Participant

Another vote here please!
The ability to send a sequence on behalf of another user and/or a 'team' mailbox would be so great for keeping ontop of these processes when team members join/leave. 

AJones14
Participant

Is there an update here? Our Sales Dev team will be doing more and more support work for sales (which is where this would really shine), which includes re-engaging their low engagement clients through automation. Thank you!

KNakawa

We are also aligned to this use case.

Sometimes we come across situation that some members of our team contribute to our sales process with follow up emails on behalf of the sales member.

This is common practice in the industry. I'm surprised with all the advaned features in hubspot this isn't one of them.

MGabriel2

Hello, what is this update on this feature? We're currently vetting our renewal with Hubspot and this feature would be exceptionally meaningful to our team. 

MPelamonia
Participant

This would be a great feature and a complete time saver when it comes to setting up workflows. Is there an update on this?