HubSpot Ideas

sidfwb

Split invoicing in a single deal

Split-Invoice
Custom split invoicing:
For example, consider a deal with 10.000€ & invoice #123

We need to be able to create split invoicing with
75% or 7.500€ as advance payment to confirm the order with Invoice #123-1.
&
25% or 2.500 due at shipment with Invoice #123-2.

This will help the accounting team to match the incoming payment with an invoice of the exact same numbers.

Without this feature in HubSpot, as a workaround, we are using a different tool which is costing us some extra $s and time.
13 Replies
graceotaiza
Participant

Please implement segmented payments Hubspot! It's going to be a gamechanger to offer clients the ability to easily break down their payments or be able to pay a deposit from one invoice.

NBewsher

We'd definitely benefit from this too!

AccoGradehacker

It would be great if there will be a good option to split payments.

DWard5

Please implement this feature! It will help save us lots of time! 

DrugRehabAgency

This feature would be a HUGE improvement to my productivity! Currently if I want to split a payment I have to prepare multiple quotes/payment links which clutters my views and is a less streamlined customer experience than I'd expect from Hubspot. +1!

aknight1

Agreed-- we also need this feature!

MBellis

Agreed - this would be an extremely helpful feature for us. 

EmmaLynch
Participant | Elite Partner

Totally agree - this would be incredibly useful

THoskins

This would be a game changer for us! #upvote

gmarkey
Participant | Elite Partner

Not only is this essential from an invoicing perspective, but also in recording cashflow across quarters and years.

ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm a product manager here at HubSpot. I wanted to let y'all know that since this thread was posted, we've developed a native HubSpot Invoicing solution and we're actively recruiting for the Invoices Beta. If you're interested, fill out this form and I'll reach out. Keep in mind, invoice creation requires that you are using HubSpot Payments (which is a Starter+ feature), so you will need to apply for Payments if you do not already have access. Learn more about applying here.

Invoices can be created directly from Contacts, Companies, Deals, or Quotes (and will pull in associated object information) to speed up your sales process and reduce the risk of human error. In this particular situation (i.e. split payments), any number of invoices can be generated for a single deal or quote, representing split payments. Invoices are payable via HubSpot payments (both ACH and Credit Card), and can also be marked as paid manually if payment is received outside of HubSpot payments (e.g. wire transfer, check, PayPal, etc). Invoices are also available in Reporting and Automation to enable you to create time-saving automation and keep a pulse on your revenue and their receivables.

The feature is under active development, so there are a few gaps. You can read our full documentation and FAQs here, but the most common blockers are:

• The HubSpot <> Quickbooks integration (and all other accounting integrations) do not yet support invoice-sync.
  • Invoice sending is manual (for now), so invoices cannot be automatically sent on a pre-set schedule.

The beta is a great fit for small businesses who want to centralize their invoicing and reduce the number of tools they use to send invoices and get paid. Fill out the form if you would like access, or pass it along to someone you know who could benefit. Thank you!

YRosenberg

Couldn't agree more. This is the deciding factor between us using Hubspot for invoicing and payments or integrating another system to our deal stages.

AmeyC

We're utilizing the Invoicing tool for multiple invoices for deals. Chalenges we still have:

1. Cannot show the total for the deal when using multiple invoices for the different milestone payments. 
Workaround: We create multiple invoices with an extra line item to note if it is the initial payment, final payment, or other milestone payment. We change the deal line item to $0 and only put the amount due at any particular time on the line item for initial payment, final payment, or othe rmilestone payment.

2. Balance due after payment of the immediate invoice isn't available for the client. No workaround for displaying the balance due after a successful milestone payment.