Split Tickets in separate Tickets

Our Support team is struggling with the fact that we often have tickets that actually consist of two separate issues, or customers who 6 months after a ticket has been closed decide to just reply to that particular ticket to ask a -totally unrelated- question. This reopens the ticket, which can obviously be closed again, but the part with the new ticket should now be copied to a new ticket.

So I think it would be nice if you could be able to somewhere in the email thread you can split off into a new ticket.

6 Replies
Occasional Contributor

Have a same situation. Customer not create new e-mail. Customer find old e-mail with solbed solutiond and reply.

Occasional Contributor

I second this! We have customers who continue to respond to closed tickets with new issues. 

Occasional Contributor

This happens all the time! 

It also happens when an email is sent to a list. All of the responses (from different people) send back into the same ticket and there's no good notification system or way to split them. 

Occasional Contributor

Definitely needed as our team uses tickets to track and communicate with customers for each specific order so sometimes they order one thing and then a month or so later will order another as a reply to their last emails and it's frustrating to separate the two and create a fresh ticket without any timeline activity from the previous order on the same thread...

New Contributor

We have sent out a bulk email with the same subject and content - each recipient on the BCC line. So each reply comes in from different customers but is married up as one conversation/ticket in HubSpot. Need to be able to split them out when there is a number of these coming through! 

Yes very frustrating - I want an option to reply to the original email chain rather then surfing through the 100 other emails the client has sent about other issues!