HubSpot Ideas

Benjamin_

Split Tickets in separate Tickets

Our Support team is struggling with the fact that we often have tickets that actually consist of two separate issues, or customers who 6 months after a ticket has been closed decide to just reply to that particular ticket to ask a -totally unrelated- question. This reopens the ticket, which can obviously be closed again, but the part with the new ticket should now be copied to a new ticket.

So I think it would be nice if you could be able to somewhere in the email thread you can split off into a new ticket.

45 Comentários
Andrej
Membro

Have a same situation. Customer not create new e-mail. Customer find old e-mail with solbed solutiond and reply.

jordan_bolt
Membro

I second this! We have customers who continue to respond to closed tickets with new issues. 

elizabee
Membro

This happens all the time! 

It also happens when an email is sent to a list. All of the responses (from different people) send back into the same ticket and there's no good notification system or way to split them. 

mem
Membro

Definitely needed as our team uses tickets to track and communicate with customers for each specific order so sometimes they order one thing and then a month or so later will order another as a reply to their last emails and it's frustrating to separate the two and create a fresh ticket without any timeline activity from the previous order on the same thread...

jsc592
Participante

We have sent out a bulk email with the same subject and content - each recipient on the BCC line. So each reply comes in from different customers but is married up as one conversation/ticket in HubSpot. Need to be able to split them out when there is a number of these coming through! 

clairdavies
Membro

Yes very frustrating - I want an option to reply to the original email chain rather then surfing through the 100 other emails the client has sent about other issues! 

Rapgod
Membro

Similar experience when you are forwarding a ticket to another email contact. All replies also sit in the same thread UI. Super confusing when you are replying as it also auto-populates the email of the most recent thread not necessarily the original ticket creator's email. 

SindreSv
Membro

We are experiencing the same issue. Several of our customers are using excisting support tickets for new requests. A feature to split tickets would be very welcome by our support department. 

elizabee
Membro

This is one of the main reasons my support team is leaving hubspot.

Andrej
Membro

Hi @elizabee , 

What solution did your support team choose?

Andrej

BenFolgmann
Membro

Same here! New Issues/Inquiry sent with the one-and-only old e-mail => sometimeseven with the already closed solution email.

=> We urgently need a "Split"-function, PLEASE!

Ben

richard88
HubSpot Employee

Similar Ask: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Split-Conversations-or-Create-Multiple-Tickets-form-a... These go together and would be a valuable feature of the service hub.

OttoMFP
Membro

Anyone who works with support through Hubspot in any serious capacity will have this need sooner or later.

I'm shocked that this only has 40 upvotes, every service representative have this need at present.

When customers ask "new" questions in an exisiting ticket we copy that text and create a new ticket where we paste this text before continuing the conversation in order to let the old ticket remain closed.

Greetings Otto

Drew_Cohen
Top colaborador(a)

The ability to split a ticket and close the original is desperately needed by support teams who manage a decent amount of support tickets through HubSpot service hub, especially since HubSpot doesn't currently have the ability to prevent previously closed tickets from being opened again. Many customers find that it's the quickest path to reaching out if they just reply to an old ticket thread, and unfortunately, without HubSpot features in place to help support teams manage this (e.g. ability to split tickets), it's going to continue to be a headache to manage.

SPerschon2
Membro

We are waiting to move on from FreshDesk due to a couple missing features, including the Splitting of tickets when a customer responds to an old email that is no longer relative to the original ticket. As well as the Auto Refresh. Please get these going into development. Thank you. 

KWatene
Membro

A much needed feature - to be able to split an email from a ticket to create a seperate ticket.

JAlexander2
Membro

I agree, the ability to split an email from a ticket to create a new ticket is a much-needed feature.

SPerschon2
Membro

We already switched back to FreshDesk by FreshWorks due to lack of updates to the Service portion of HubSpot. 

Jayeshurath
Colaborador(a)

FreshDesk has far more features compared to Hubspot in the support side, Hubspot cant run automation based on comments, no time tracking, we can go on...
Good call mate

OttoMFP
Membro

Interesting, I'm tempted to check out Freshdesk actually.