HubSpot Ideas

kylemckay

Speed up List processing time

The time to process a smart list is a serious pain point.

A current example: trying to run a simple Smart List for Contacts with one Line of Criteria:  Submitted a Form on Any Page between a Date Range. This list takes upwards of 5 minutes to render results.  Why does it take so long? How can it be sped up?

I've run smart list with 10s of thousands of results, that I've had to wait overnight for the list to process.  Anything that can be done to improve list load time would be hugely impactful.

20 Replies
kylemckay
Participant

smart list   Active List

ridingforlife
Top Contributor

I'm surpised this hasn't been upvoted more. It can take 10+ minutes to get an active list to process <5k contacts with a couple simple criterias. Why would it take so long?

rvzello
Contributor

Some of my lists take upward of 30 minutes to compute at the moment. Any process relying on those like emails or workflows is seriously challenged...

BFox

Nothing interrupts my flow in my workday more than the list-building speed in HubSpot. SFDC spits up massive reports with supporting graphs in seconds, this needs to improve.

tannerm123
Participant

I'm struggling with this issue as well. The worst is when I am trying to create a marketing list and want to make sure there are no contacts slipping through the cracks by one of my filters being slightly off. Each edit I make, I have to wait 5-10 minutes for the list to repopulate even if it's only to remove a handful of contacts.

There has to be a better way to do this. It makes lists one of the most frustrating aspects of Hubspot. I just spent an hour and a half making minor tweaks over and over to a list that I am going to use once.

GKell
Contributor

insanity

dalexander

maybe if hubspot had a desktop version that held the main data on your computer but then has the new smaller data updated via cloud every day, you could create lists faster and not rely on running big data through the browser.

Yes, this is a big pain for HubSpot. some lists you'd hope would take an hour of your day could take 3.

JonathanNail
Participant | Diamond Partner

This is unreal. Taking longer than 20 minutes to generate a list.

bertelkirkeby
Participant

Agreed, incredible how list update can be so slow. Needs to be fixed. Should take 3 seconds, not 10-20 minutes.

csymphony
Participant

Same challenge here. We have a large database and it seems Hubspot is checking every record for every filter criteria; even when my filter includes "is a member of" another list with maybe 10 contacts, it still can take 5-10 minutes to load. Extremely frustrating and really slows down our work. 

kasumitakeuchi

Right, this issue is serious.

Simple active list with simple criteria,  which doesnt include any OR condition,

takes approx 15-20 minutes (and even more...) everytime I make a slight change.

SKageyama

It's a serious problem.  Editing active list takes my time over 10-15 min. Should be faster... 

Christo
Contributor

How accurate is the preview list count? I mainly reprocess the lists for their counts. Is the preview consistently accurate with count?

eliot_martin
Contributor

I have posted this in several other threads, but HubSpot's inability to provide real-time data is mind-blowing.

I have a custom object with 20 entities and it is taking the list over 5 mins to update every time I add a new one.   Totals are always one step behind.  I can't trust anything I am looking.

MrBean
Top Contributor

What is the Order of Operations here? In what order are contacts added to list? ie when a contact is created and should be added to 5 lists at creation based on the default properties, how does hubspot determine which lists to process first? 

Also, is there a rule for list dependencies? In other words, if a list uses another list, can the dependent lists be processed prior to the list that references them?

I have found zero documentation on this topic, can anyone point me in the right direction? 

forneyamanda
Participant

What confuses me is that if you filter on the contact page, the contacts load within sections. What is so different from building a list? This is a huge flaw in Hubspot's platform. Its very annoying to have to jump to doing something else while a list loads or even worst just wait there and watch it load. Also often times it shows a different amount of contacts in the table view than is listed in the total list size....hard to know which one to believe especially if you're trying to get a quick view of something. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

fiberpunk
Contributor

I have to agree, this is a looming issue for a little more complex workflows and API calls, but unfortunately it is not even just an issue for active lists, even static lists now sometimes take 1-2 minutes to update their list sizes etc. here. So I can't say that I am not a little concerned about this.

MW96
Participant

Please fix this! It's super annoying and leads to constant confusion if people are looking at lists, seeing a different number of records or if they make changes and don't see them reflected... only after minutes of delay and several browser refreshes

rkr1

This is completely insane. We moved to hubspot from salesforce for speed! I hope this doesn't send us back the way came. Hubspot must be losing so much custom to their competitors because of this.

JBerger2

We use HubSpot for Marketing only.  Salesforce for CRM.  If we had to rely on HubSpot for CRM we couldn't expect anyone to be productive.