HubSpot Ideas

ariannascampini

Specific format to upload in a file property

I think it would be helpful to be able to limit the formats available to upload documents, images, etc in a file property. For example, to be able to only allow jpg and png formats to be uploaded.

10 Replies
CPSCB
Contributor

For customer facing forms, we have a two-fold issue:

1. No restriction on file types means anything can be uploaded
  2. No ability to confirm file uploaded is valid (contains data, and contains expected data) before user proceeds 

Our use case involves registration and application forms that should have documents with text uploaded, but often we receive blank files, clips or images of random things. Without manual review, the customer thinks their submission has been accepted, when it's missing the key piece to consider the application complete. 

We'd like to see ability to restrict file types on a form by form basis (like the toggle to accept multiple files) as well as some advanced validation features.

mii
Contributor | Platinum Partner
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Unbelivable that this is not supported! Even I can't find a list of currently valid Upload Types. (By the way you can Upload .js and .dat Files or .idontcare) But the worst thing is that there is no validation message, the form is submitted anyway. Very bad!

mcraciun
HubSpot Employee

+1 - 

Use case: asking for files via chatbot. We want to make sure that they have in fact uploaded a file and not just responded with text, but currently the only validations are for phone number and email address properties. 

BradHarris
Participant | Gold Partner

This is really needed, as well as to specify how large a file should be when uploaded per form or file property (i.e. a minimum and maximum size allowed). 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. I required uploading of ID to lessen spam and i got one lead today but the file uploaded was .txt. I think it will be really be helpful to lessen spam submissions if we can limit file size and file types to .jpg, .png, .pdf

Pallavan

Hey,

This feature looks important because bots/hackers sometimes upload .exe files which is a harmful pattern and can posses a risk to the platform and user data. 

DharmendraJoshi
Participant | Partner

HubSpot forms validation is essential, especially for File upload. It should include the following features:

1. File types allowed, such as doc, docx, pdf, etc.
  2. File size restrictions, specifying both a minimum and maximum size allowed.

By incorporating these features, we can ensure that the file uploads are secure and meet the required criteria.

Furthermore, there should be an option to add a custom regex for additional validation for specific fields.

AVigo

We need this!!!

ThaisCampbell
HubSpot Employee

+1

Laurie_CF
Participant

Amazed that this isn't a feature, I thought I just couldn't find it.

This is causing us issues as we let customers upload logos / profile pictures that immediately appear on the front end, but of course the website will not render certain formats.

+1, please.