HubSpot Ideas

CristinaH

Source Code Edit Window – wrap option

Hubspot changed the way code is displayed in the Source Code Edit Window. The code now does not wrap which makes it a lot harder to look at and edit... lots of side to side scrolling involved. 

We have hundreds of landing pages and are in the process of cleaning them up. This new look makes this task much more time consuming.

I'd like the source code to wrap like before. 

Thanks.

HubSpotからのアップデート
January 08, 2019 10:13 AM

Hey @GregT, thanks for giving that example. All instances of the source code editor in rich text now have text wrapping, but that doesn't cover the Head HTML section in page settings. We can definitely look into making sure that code wraps in the future, however.

Re: Source Code Edit Window – wrap option - changed to: Delivered
January 02, 2019 12:49 PM

25件のコメント
CristinaH
参加者

The text is also now impossibly small too. Would love to see an option to enlarge as well. Thanks.

LauraBrille
メンバー

I agree with Cristina! As content manager it was awsome to have an overview about the whole text. The lew layout seems too time consuming and not at all user-friendly. 

If hubspot wants to stick to this layout, I also would prefer a 2nd option to enlarge the source code as it was in the past.

sfahy
メンバー

I also agree with CristinaH, the scrolling in the Source Code Edit window is cumbersome to work in. I  do like the color coding, I just wish that the code wrapped like before.

Stratshock
参加者

I agree, this was a pretty bad oversight. I hope someone from Hubspot notices. This change is very agressive and against productivity.

sfahy
メンバー

Hi has anyone noticed that since the update changes are not saving? This happened to me on both a landing page and an email, yesterday and today. I "saved" and "updated" and my changes are not reflected.

ksonner
参加者

Ditto. Side scrolling is the worst. Very counterproductive to have to copy code and edit in Dreamweaver to copy back in to editor. Very frustrating - adds on way more time per project than neccessary. A lot of cheese moving these days.

EmilyF
参加者

I do not like the side scolling. Please change it back to wrapping again. Thank you. I agree with all the comments above.

mmartinez
メンバー

Agreed. It's takes me twice as long to scroll side to side. If they want to keep it this way, at least give us the option to drag the window to become larger. At least then we could see the code in full. 

Stratshock
参加者

Here's the response I got from hubspot tech support.

This was an internal decision made by our Product Team to maintain consistency in the source code editor across the product, since the text does not wrap in the Design Manager. However, I have noticed several customers asking to revert back to the previous version, and so I've reached out to our developers to voice this.

I would also recommend commenting and/or upvoting about this same issue. The more traction a post gets the better, as it will get more visibility to the Product Team.

Hope this helps clarify things, and let me know if you have any further questions.

GregT
メンバー

I just had a conversation with a HubSpot support rep who said that the product team has heard our feedback and will be adding wordwrapping back to the source code editor.

Stratshock
参加者

W00T W00T! Thanks for the update @GregT

CristinaH
参加者

Yes, thanks @GregT!!! Any chance we can get them to make the code size bigger... or add an option for that. I'm gonna go blind working this small. 

mmartinez
メンバー

@CristinaH I'm with you on that one. It is pretty small.

mmartinez
メンバー

Very excited to have the old window back!!! Thank you for hearing us Hubspot.

EmilyF
参加者

THANK YOU for changing it back. Thank  you. 

ksonner
参加者

Thank you HubSpot!

CristinaH
参加者

Yes, thank you Hubspot! 

spf
投稿者

Nooo!

Now the "Find All" feature is gone! The black background editor was way better!

GregT
メンバー

They never made this change...  スマイリー 怒ったEndless horizontal scroll.Endless horizontal scroll.

ステータスに更新: Delivered
katie
HubSpot製品開発チーム