HubSpot Ideas

CristinaH

Source Code Edit Window – wrap option

Hubspot changed the way code is displayed in the Source Code Edit Window. The code now does not wrap which makes it a lot harder to look at and edit... lots of side to side scrolling involved. 

We have hundreds of landing pages and are in the process of cleaning them up. This new look makes this task much more time consuming.

I'd like the source code to wrap like before. 

Thanks.

HubSpot Updates
January 08, 2019 10:13 AM

Hey @GregT, thanks for giving that example. All instances of the source code editor in rich text now have text wrapping, but that doesn't cover the Head HTML section in page settings. We can definitely look into making sure that code wraps in the future, however.

Re: Source Code Edit Window – wrap option - changed to: Delivered
January 02, 2019 12:49 PM

25 Replies
GregT

This isn't actually delivered, though, unless my portal is the exception.  Right now:

code.jpg

This is in the "Additional code snippets" section in the page editor (when you click on "Settings.")  So not the main code editor for the page, which does wrap, but the place where you can add code snippets to your header and footer for the page.  

katie
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @GregT, thanks for giving that example. All instances of the source code editor in rich text now have text wrapping, but that doesn't cover the Head HTML section in page settings. We can definitely look into making sure that code wraps in the future, however.

GregT

Hi Katie,

That sounds great, thank you!  I use those sections a lot, mostly for Javascript snippets.  Those bits of code usually get moved into global .JS files eventually , but those on-page editors are great for troubleshooting.

Greg

JackMaden
Participant

Hi @katie , like @GregT I'm also not seeing any option to wrap. This is in the design manager & on-page code editor for website pages. It's making coding in hubspot untenable 

hubspotscreenshot.pnghubspotscreenshot2.png

Jon_McLaren
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

To anyone who comes here wondering about text wrapping, it's now available in the design manager settings area

There is a toggle switch to turn it off or on nowzkv9bw+