HubSpot Ideas

nikkiv

Sound for Chat

There is no sound notification when a new chat comes in. We are only getting a sound notification once someone has responded to the chat. This is very ineffective and it's causing us to miss chats. 

17 Comentários
jennysowyrda
Gerente da Comunidade

Hey @nikkiv,

You can configure the notification sounds for chats as outlined here.

Thanks,

Jenny

nikkiv
Top colaborador(a)

@jennysowyrda Yes - I know how to set these up. The issue we are having is if we don't have the browser window open then there is no sound which is causing us to miss chats. 

PamelaSoh
HubSpot Employee

Currently, sound notifications do not honor a user's defined settings, the only setting is based n the sound notification setting under conversations settings. Also, the sound notification only applies to assigned chats and not unassigned chats. Users should have the ability to control sound notification just like how they are able to control the various notifications under user profile and preferences. 

sd_elm
Participante

We face the same issue. Whether the agent is active, on the chat screen or else in HubSpot or the computer, I would like to hear a sound for all incoming chat messages.

VoIPTools
Participante

Oh my gosh YES PLEASE!.  We have tried to incorporate HubSpot chat into our business twice and both times we have had to revert back to our previous tool because we miss too many darn chats. 

We need something that pounds us mercilessly until someone responds to the chat.  Can you imagine a phone that only rings once (if at all)?  Personally, I want it to ring and ring and ring continuously like a phone. 

As much as I appreciate the value of having it purely a web solution, I think we need to add this to the Windows application that sits in my icon tray.  Right now the Windows application doesn't include chat notifications.  Let's add it there, then I can see if it's loaded and I'll get audible notifications and screen pops bashing my team over the head. 

Right now, the notifications don't really work, and this makes the tool largely unusable in spite of the wonderful integration with HubSpot.  Let's take the next step.  We love the tool!

bmichael615
Participante

Is there any update on this issue? We have missed multiple chats...despite our floating sound notifcations turned on, our volume on our laptops turned all the way up, I've even enabled "app.hubspot.com" under the Sound and Notifications Content Settings in our Google Chrome browser. With no luck.

We like HS and would like this issue to be resolved asap. Thank you.

sd_elm
Participante

We have turned on all desktop, floating and other notifications for chat messages, and when the browser window is active not all chat incoming messages sound an alert. We are stilll experiencing this issue to date. 

abiblu
Colaborador(a)

We vote for this as well. Chats are like phone calls so the notifications and sounds need to stand apart from the other conversations.

cristinaxr
Participante

Please please please! We definately vote for improvement in this area!

We keep missing chats because if you don't happen to be sitting at your desk with the loudspeaker on or your headphones on just at that right moment then you miss the single sound emitted with a new chat! With our old chat app it would keep sounding until someone answered the chat which was waaay more effective and we NEVER missed chats!

Plus the fact that if the client takes a long time to answer, and you begin to do something else in the meantime, you aren't alerted to them having replied again. The chat should sound an alert every time they answer so that you can keep multi-tasking whilst chatting.

VoIPTools
Participante

I could not agree more!

I swear every day that I'm going to give up on this chat feature and move to another solution because even with 5 people responsible for chat, we still have occasions where a chat is missed. 

We must have the option to set chat to "ring" like a phone until someone answers.  I would hate to lose the chat transcript attached to a contact, but missing chat requests is far worse.  Since I've been asking for this for more than a year, perhaps it's time to give up. 

What we need is a desktop application that boots with the PC and pings us to death until the chat is answered.

By the way, it wasn't even on my radar that if a customer goes a long time without responding that we can miss further conversations, but now that you mention it, I have had that lots of times.  I probably wouldn't want a "ping" every time the customer responds, but maybe if a response comes in after being idle for X seconds.  That would be a reasonable compromise.

Please, please, please HubSpot... fix this!

CLindner
Participante

My collegue has a sound when a chat comes in. I do not, but the settings are the same. What is it?

contentmarketer
Participante

Is there any update here? We should be able to cusotmize the type of sound that comes in.  A simple one time ding does nothing, especially if I am on a call or something, i can easily miss it. I need something else. I only have notifications on for chat and we constantly miss them, very frustrating

Anonymous
Não aplicável

This idea was submitted in 2018, are we any closer to having this feature?  Thanks.

sandorcser
Membro

1-2 years ago was the sound alert, but now nothing. I ask the Hubspot customer service and they can't solve the problem. Unfortunately, this is why I have to leave this interface. If Hubspot customer service writes, there is a beep, but if a customer of their own writes to me then no. This is a bug in Hubspot and can't be fixed for years. I'm sorry, but I have to look for a different interface.

LTechnologies
Membro

Without a proper sound notification that goes on until the chat is answered, we will not abe able to use HubSpot chat. We will be missing too many chats.

OTT
Membro

So nearly 5 years without a fix? About to disable Hubspot chat and revert to other app that allows multiple tones, volumes, and range of notification settings. Missing a chat = missing big $ for my business and just can't afford to miss. 

JJachetta
Participante

What chat do you recommend. I've tried PureChat.