HubSpot Ideas

Julian3

Sorting open tasks by time zone, and creating call tracks

• Sorting tasks by time zone: it would be helpful to have the time zone associated with the company/contact appear in a column in "table" view. This way you wouldn't have to click into the profile each time to know if it's an appropriate time to call, and you also would get a nice overview and overall grasp of how you should structure your day of calling based on time zone. 

• Call tracks: it would be nice to not have to check a box and pick the next time to reach out every time a task is completed. Basically, the idea would be to allow the user to create a template of tasks spaced out to their liking that they could apply to individual accounts/prospects with a single click. When they click the check mark to complete a task it goes away, but the next task would automaticall be set for two or three days later. This means it would populate their tasks based on how often they are set up to call, and tell them what to do based on their pre-determined order of how to reach out to a prospect. You could still push tasks out, but this would automatically keep spacing between activities and automatically populate your tasks for an account. A call track might look something like this:
    1. Day one: call - no vm
    2. Day three: call - vm - send email
    3. Day five: call - no vm
    4. Day seven: call - vm (and so on)

68 Commentaires
JILLIANGREEN
Membre

We have created time zone fields associated with company or contact however it would be ideal for the Tasks columns to allow for an associated tag to be displayed as then it would alleviate extra steps for users when they create a follow up task.  Being able to see all my tasks for the day by time zone would reduce 30 minutes of extra steps.....

bbleak
Membre

Our organization would love to see this as well. 

livfasta4
Participant

I agree 150% with this!

• Sorting tasks by time zone: it would be helpful to have the time zone associated with the company/contact appear in a column in "table" view. This way you wouldn't have to click into the profile each time to know if it's an appropriate time to call, and you also would get a nice overview and overall grasp of how you should structure your day of calling based on time zone. 

Please Hubspot... I love you guys but this for me is a big pain. 

JorgeP
Participant

Yes, yes, yes! 

If I create a task queue to call, and want to call East Coast first thing in the morning, and work my way to the West coast over the course of the morning, day, then being able to sort by time zone would be the perfect thing! Currently, call queue is only somewhat helpful, but there is promise! 

Julian3
Participant

Time-saving and organizing your prospects are great reasons for this improvement. 

willcurran
Contributeur de premier rang

We absolutely need this. Hubspot knows to call people at specific times enhances the results just like sending emails as specific times. Wish we could filter/sort tasks based on contact data. Also wish hubspot generated a field for timezone.

tarynjohnson
Membre

I do sales across the country and would have such an easier time of making phone calls during the appropriate times if I could organize my call task boards based on time zones. This would be so helpful!

Julian3
Participant

As I sit here at the end of the day, once again flipping through each and every one of my tasks just to try find a prospect in either Mountain time or Pacific time that I can actually call right now, I figured I'd come over here to express how important this is for any sales professional calling multiple time zones througout the day. It's absolutely ridiculous to not be able to sort my tasks by time zone and have to click in to every single prospect just to see if they can actually be called at that time. 

Julian3
Participant

As I sit here at the end of the day, once again flipping through each and every one of my tasks just to try find a prospect in either Mountain time or Pacific time that I can actually call right now, I figured I'd come over here to express how important this is for any sales professional calling multiple time zones througout the day. It's absolutely ridiculous to not be able to sort my tasks by time zone and have to click in to every single prospect just to see if they can actually be called at that time. 

I've written this before and I just feel like it's such an important feature for anyone using your sales platform. It's honestly ridiculous to not be able to sort tasks by time zone. 

Julian3
Participant

Just sitting here flipping through all of my tasks to find a prospect that I can call that isn't at lunch on the East Coast...

Julian3
Participant

For anyone still struggling with this - since it doesn't to seem to be getting addressed anytime soon - you can just write the time zone next to the prospect's last name in their account. Then you can see it when you are looking at tasks. 

Eumari
Contributeur

Having the time Zone is critical when working with clients across the globe. There is a set hubspot property for IP Time Zone, but it only contains the city which is not helpful.

For my team, we decided to create a property with a dropdown menu of our main time zones. The sales rep selects the appropiate one when the first phone contact is made. However, havign it automaticly, will save so much time. 

mwoods
Membre

Even just having the ability to add the state to the table view would be helpful!  Even though it doesn't designate the time zone, it at least would give a general idea of the time zone to help prioritize follow ups throughout the day.

HTMLighting
Membre

Here an idea that would be wonderful if you could implement at some point down the road. When you are setting up a task, I tend to ALWAYS forget that some of my customers are in different time zones. It would be great if HubSpot could recognize that and then set the correct time accordingly. So say, I want my follow up to be at 8 am. I happen to be in eastern time zone. My customer is in Pacific time zone. It would be wonderful if the system could recognize that and automatically set the follow-up time for you at 11 am EST and 8 am PST. Just a thought.

mbfolger
Participant

This is desperately needed for my team as well. It is difficult to prioritize tasks, even with the filters currently available. I get asked several times a month when timezone and region sort will be available for tasks. Even sorting tasks by the same company would make the follow up process much more efficient.

If not this task sorting option, could we at least be able to sort by open tasks (by task owner) in the contact view? Using next activity date is complicated because we have multiple people touching accounts so their activities are pulled in as well.

kosness
Membre

Grouping call back by time zone would also be great. That way I dont have to re-order the task list and miss closing times on the east coast.  Rather than have to put in the reminder time a timezone priority should put the task list in the right order. Then if you want a quick override-priorty check box, there could be one placed next the the "create a task to follow up" which would place the high-priority task at the top of the list. 

JennPape
Contributeur

I like your idea!  For now, I use PST, MST, CST, EST or AST as my pretext on all my tasks -that way I can sort my daily task list and all my EST tasks are grouped together. eg. EST - Call Bob to discuss proposal

Hope that's helpful! 

dmartello
Membre

Stronglt Agree!!

william-aterlo
Participant

Especially in conversations, it would be very helpful to have the time zone or contact's local time in the contact's info: it's currently X time there, no need for calling, or just wait an hour.  You could even analyze the customers' patterns of login and infer when they may be able to call, or offer preferred calling times settings.

Kevin_inksoft
Participant

I whole-heartedly agree that we need time zones with tasks, and a standardized time zone field.