HubSpot Ideas

Phildexter

Sorting list by associated company

for some reason it's not possible to sort the deals and contacts list by associated company. 

This would be very useful to group the deals/contacts from one company together while scrolling through the list. 

...and since only a single company can be associated it shouldn't be hard to sort by it's name.

53 Comentários
jzeesman
Participante | Parceiro Ouro

Even now that contacts can be associated with multiple companies, how has this still not been implemented after 5 years?

Even if the issue was something along the lines of "do we sort alphabetically by name, or numerically by record ID," the fact that there's been radio silence on such a relatively simple feature that could be an easy win for HubSpot is concerning.

FNagel
Membro

it should be default to sort anything ascending or descending. you can do so even with mail adresses which is probably less often a valid business case like sorting by company

RFarmer
Membro

I would really love this feature. Please make our lives easier!

KJohnson99
Membro

Agree, this would be a great enhancement! appreciate it's consideration

DGrennan
Membro

This is native to Salesforce and Other CRM's. So I believe should be included in HubSpot! If not people are exporting data and not working in the CRM. 

to-cmns
Membro

I would very much appreciate if I could alphabetically sort by associated companies and contacts.

KParker0
Membro

6 years after first flagging and it's still not been implemented. As a new customer this fills me with dread at how slow to respond you are on simple and genuine tweaks to the platform.

CCoe
Membro

Can't wait for this feature to get added! 

MKochczynski
Membro

It is wild to me that this hasn't been addressed in six years. Is this a difficult project for engineering, etc?

tko
Colaborador(a)

Hey Hubspot, how long are you guys going to ignore this? We're in the process of switching our CRM to Hubspot, and I get questions from our sales people every day about how they sort by primary company. I don't want to talk about workarounds anymore. Please solve this, it's embarrassing for a CRM.

Nwilson54
Membro

There is a hs property company name , which lets you sort ascending or descending
For that export all the contacts . the view should have associated company ,email and company name fields
Once exported copy the associated company name to company name field and delete the associated company name field 
keep only the email and company name and import it back to hs. create a view and sort according emails according to company name

tko
Colaborador(a)

@Nwilson54 Thanks, for your workaround.
Instead of exporting and importing, this could also be done using a workflow. But that is not the feature that was asked for here. There may be good reasons why company name and associated company may be different.

KRA
Membro

How i see this post is from 2017!! Is there still any development palned? I can not understand, why so basicly things are not implemented