HubSpot Ideas

Sort contact by primary company

In the conacts view it would be beneficial to sort by Primary company. It would be beneficial to be able to sort this column from the contacts page without having to go to the company records. 

42 Replies
KiG

This is anissue for all Company fields both on Company and contact object including association part.

there is an obvious need to support contact om Company to Group contacts by given companies. Please fix this annoying details as soon as possible.

MBelloli7

Has Hubspot fixed this yet?

SDebiasi
Participant

I agree! The same idea was proposed here: HubSpot Community - Sorting list by associated company - Page 2 - HubSpot Community please upvote it to have visibility!

RAikman

The ability to Sort by Primary Company is very basic, without this Hubspot is not a CRM - please fix this asap.

MMUNTZ
Contributor

Yes, this would be a great feature.  Time Saving

LClements6

It's interesting that you can sort by almost anything else in contacts, but not by the primary company. It's essential to be able to see all the contacts grouped together by company. It allows us to the deepth of the relationship and where more contacts are required. 
Having to export contacts to sort by company is not efficient. 

KristinaUL
Participant

Not to mention when you do the export the parent company is just the parent company id in number format and not the actual NAME of the parent company. This is a HUGE miss here Hubspot, hopefully this gets updated. 

CirrusAubrey

This would be helpful on any list view where you have a list that includes Company Name or Contact (For example, Tickets). I am trying to sort by a Contact who has submited multople tickets and it would be a lot easier than adding a filter for her name. I am tryign to (at a glance) see which Contacts and Companies have multiple tickets open.

brontefrizzell

any update on this?

Drrewdy

Can't understand why this is not available, any other software I have used they are quick to make changes that make sense. HubSpot seems to think whatever they do is best. It's madness, or else they're lazy. 1 of the 2!

Drrewdy

Apparently I just earned 3 badges for writing that, yet no one from HubSpot responds.....

DennisdK
Participant

This is a neccesity to CRM ....

klawrence1

I agree -- this is a massive gap.

NPrice5

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, make this fix!  It is crucial when managing multiple deals with multiple companies.  If I COULD search by company, I could then sort the resulting short list by contact to make sure one outreach addresses all the items to be discussed.  I have been able to do this in every crm I've used since the 1990s!  

NGosz
Member | Partner

Imperfect and quick solution while we hope and wait for this to be fixed. Add email domain to your columns and sort by that instead.

Stephen_Dates

I just paid for the upgrade yesterday and now i find out I cant sort my customers by company.  I feel duped.  This product is of no use to me if i cant sort my customers by company and create content specifically for that customer.  This need to get fixed or i will need to find a better CRM to use.  This wont work for me.

MWolf
Top Contributor

How can this not be sorted??? That is a basic functionality!

NPrice5
Amen to that.
BHall4

Such a basic function, I'm baffled why this isn't currently possible!

WHeighington
Participant

We require sorting by primary and associated companies as well. Exporting lists to sort via excel is not ideal.