HubSpot Ideas

AHeil

Sort Task List by COMPANY or DEAL

I'm trying to look at how many open tasks there are (that are due or overdue) for each deal so I can prioritize where to start. If deals have more open tasks, I want to start there because that means I'm falling behind on them the most. 

It would be nice to have a more user friendly way of grouping the task list by Company or Deal. 

13 Replies
MBing

I agree.  this is basic blocking and tackling for a sale person. I can't believe this kind of functionality (along with a bunch of others I am finding after moving over from a salesforce shop) isn't available.  The design should just be to make every column sortable.  period.  problem solved.    thanks for posting this.  the voting system is a screwy way to manage it, because most reps dont take the time to go do this. just get frustrated and try to get back to work. 

TJones1

Definitely need this company sort feature for tasks!  I upvote it!

JWilliams13

Also need this...how is this not an option 😞

AStrong6

Upvoted. Our sales users requested this today - they would like to sort tasks by Company. 

Yupvoted
HubSpot Employee

This feature needs to be implemented, often users would want to sort the tasks by the companies and work on them together. 

This needs to be added here. 

JustinMyles

Why is such a small change so hard to make?

JPaul4

Has there been any progress on this?  Really need to be able to sort in the task dashboard by deal.  

KGrabenstein

This would solve for SO many challenges when managing tasks for us! Please make this happen!

jtrowbridge

Frustrating

EJ23

Really frustrating not be able to sort the tasks by company... I'm suprise this option doesn't exist 😞

DWolleswinkel
Participant

Hi everyone!

I've found a workaround for this problem. Thought I'd post it here to help out 🙂

1. Create your tasks via a workflow / manually, and add the company name in the title of the task 

2. Add all the tasks to a task queue

3. Click on your task queue in the task manager, filter by title and hit start

Cheers!

Deborah

JustinMyles

Thanks Deborah,

You workaround inspired me to experiment a little, and given I only have a few companies with numeous tasks to track I added a queue name that reflected the company name.  I already use your recomended approach to sort my deal view by company name so I know it works but the thought of having to add the company name as a prefix to all objects didn't appel to me.  Both approaches work and depending on the user need / territory complexity, pick one that works for you.  It's still duplication however and how hard can it be for HubSpot to 'fix'?

AB5

I added a property to a Company. I'd like to create a Task View that shows all tasks filtered by Companies that have that property set/not-set as a criteria. It is seemingly impossible with the current version of Hubspot. Seems odd, a glaring oversight, or there is some technical hurdle behind the scenes we are unaware of. Hopefully they fix it soon.