HubSpot Ideas

morgan

Social Publishing Tools

As we've begun to use the social publishing capabilities of Husbpot, our team has noticed quite a few limitations. 

1. On Facebook, we are unable to post videos directly; they have to be links. 

2. For LinkedIn and Facebook, we are unable to post multiple images. Facebook in particular has recently launched several types of posts (i.e. Canvas, Carousel, etc.) and Hubspot is not optimized to leverage these capabilities. 

As social media continues to evolve and advance with targeting, it would be beneficial to post and track within the Hubspot platform for a more cohesive Marketing process. 

10 Replies
Daria
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Morgan!

You should be able to post videos directly to Facebook already! Please contact help if you need assistance getting that to work. 

Unfortunately Facebook and LinkedIn don't allow us to use some of these newfangled fun features like Canvas/Carousel through their APIs, so we're unable to support it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Daria Do you know if HubSpot supports 360 photos for Facebook? I am able to post with Buffer, but can't find documentation for HubSpot. I don't want to post live without knowing if the feature exists and fear what it would look like if I tried.

opendorz
Contributor

I had the same request last week about posting 360 photos.  Hubspot does not have that ability (yet).  I got around it, sorta, by posting from Hubspot a single image with a link in the post to the full 360 image I had uploaded directly on FB.  Of course the single image was kinda cool with the "fisheye" look, but still would like to see Hubspot offer this.

John_Gennell
HubSpot Alumni

Hello all,

Both Facebook's and Twitter's APIs allow multi-image posting now, so we do too!

You have all been ungated for the beta. You can add up to four images to a social post being published through HubSpot. Instagram's API does not yet support multi-image posting, and LinkedIn's API does not support any multi-image posting, so this is just for Facebook and Twitter. 

John

John_Gennell
HubSpot Alumni

Juliette

Hello, great to be able to do multi-image posts, however would be fantastic if we could do Carousel posts through Hubspot as well. Thank You.

malvinavoigt

Hi @John_Gennell 

multi-image posting - that's great. However, I think we'd really want the carousel post option, as it allows us to set a link to all those photos. Which is sooo important on social media. Is this something you are already working on?

Best,
Malvina

st_lacroix

Hi @John_Gennell 

Following this thread.. Does posting under the form of Carousel wil be available soon? 

Daria
HubSpot Product Team

ThomasH

Can we get up to 10 image posts please for IG and facebook and 8 for twitter.