HubSpot Ideas

dschroed

Social Chat - Instagram Chat integration (Facebook Business Messenger)

linked to these Forume messages, but no duplictates in the IDEA Forum: 

I need to be able to respond to instagram messages via my Hubspot account.  

Can you please look into utilizing the FB Business Manager API, to also integrate the Instagram Chat Messages. 

I would like to be able to respond to those messages, in the same way, as I do with Facebook Messenger through HubSpot. 

Hope this is being considered, and expanding the current beta chat scope. 

FB Chat Beta:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Integrate-Facebook-Messenger-with-Conversations/idi-p...

Instgram Chat from Acedemy: 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Academy-Learning-Center-Support/Answering-instagram-messages/m-p/27...

HubSpot Updates
Being Reviewed
July 28, 2021 05:27 AM

Hey folks -  While this feature is likely not something we'll bring to life in 2021, it's clear this channel is important. Recent changes to Messenger for Instagram APIs mean an integration is now possible, but we're still evaluating how and when we can add support for Instgram messaging as a channel in HubSpot.  

Being Reviewed
May 19, 2020 03:04 PM

We're exploring this channel but it will likely be some time before we can natively integrate Instagram messages as this will require Facebook to add Instagram message access to their Messenger APIs before we can realize this type of integration.

We'll post an update  as we learn more!

166 Replies
fannykuhn
Participant

Hi! Is this possible yet? Cannot find away to connect instagram messages at least... Woudl be very helpful! 

VivirenMalta
Participant

I hope soon we can have this funtionality!

Instagram API, is very limited but I hope it will get improved soon.

HGraham
Participant

Facebook messengar and Instagram direct message are now connected. This should mean that HubSpot can capture these conversations moving forward? 

Having this feature is critical as majority of our member comms come via social media (and this will only get more popular in this mobile world) and currently, we cannot track these conversations. Bring on this feature please HubSpot! 

CMandly

Hello is there an update on this? It's absolutley critical and crazy that 2 years later this feature is STILL possible but under review. Is there a timeline on this? 

HSmith32
Participant

Hubspot needs to better understand the needs of it's customers - which are SME businesses... and SME business's have been utilising Instagram as a primary channel for several years now. 

FWeggler
Participant

I hope the Instagram Messenger will be added like the FB Messenger. 

For us it is very important for Instagram, we have 2-3 Customers in the Chat.

Best regards 

Florian 

VP1

It's March of 2022 and still nothing?

CFoor

Super crital feature, please please find a way to add this ASAP. We've been tracking this for over a year and there a no other viable work arounds. IG is over 40% of our direct leads adn we need to be able to respond to folks via DMs there!

Rapgod

We have decided to cancel our Hubspot Service subscription and are moving to Zendesk to support this. Waited years for this with no updates...

Good luck everyone!

Mystra
Why don't they update on this nativity?
HLovatt
Participant

We need this too! Thanks

IGutierrez81

Please keep us updated on the progress of this integration. I agree it is pretty essential to be able to respond to Instagram's Direct Messages via Hubspot, particularly as it is by now a much more active platform than FB with regards to customer engagement. Many thanks!

SuperViral

I'm facing the same issue, hope that it gets resolved quickly. 

batist111

Just posting so I get updated too

Jeffreywang0915

I run a wedding photography business in Australia, lots of enquiries are coming from Instagram DM, it makes total sense if I can response Instagram enquiries from the conversation inbox. I think with so much multi-channels solutions out there, hubspot should really consider to have this feature live asap.

RPoint

Still not possible...

MWilliams3
Contributor

Welcome to June 2022 folks. Yma O Hyd! 

VeraZhou

Hi Hubspot, any updates on integration with Instagram message? Thanks.

Any updates for 2022 please. 

bmatilla
Participant

Any update please?

TubaArioglu

I also need to be able to respond to instagram messages via my Hubspot account.