Social Chat - Instagram Chat integration (Facebook Business Messenger)

dschroed

linked to these Forume messages, but no duplictates in the IDEA Forum: 

I need to be able to respond to instagram messages via my Hubspot account.  

Can you please look into utilizing the FB Business Manager API, to also integrate the Instagram Chat Messages. 

I would like to be able to respond to those messages, in the same way, as I do with Facebook Messenger through HubSpot. 

Hope this is being considered, and expanding the current beta chat scope. 

FB Chat Beta:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Integrate-Facebook-Messenger-with-Conversations/idi-p...

Instgram Chat from Acedemy: 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Academy-Learning-Center-Support/Answering-instagram-messages/m-p/27...

40 Replies
Denblom

Are there any news on that topic so far?

karineyrendahl
Participant

Getting Instagram Direct integrated with HubSpot is absolutely essential to be able to engage in social selling. We have a number of accounts that share content with our products every day and we have a lot of dialogue with many of our followers who have since become good ambassadors for us. We have created many exciting articles and customer cases based on the fact that we have built a relationship with them via Instagram. Losing all this communication in HubSpot is not good. We lose the opportunity to nurture our contacts as we wish. They go under the radar of HubSpot.

ceoe

This is a huge part of Customer Service that needs to be reflected in Hubspot features. It is not ideal having Instagram messages split on a different app. 

FromTheGarage

+3 (Including the other 2 people in my team doing CS)

NGoldblatt

Yes, please add this feature!

Yarn_MixArtist

Yes please! About 2/3 of my clients message me on Instagram, the rest is FB messenger and email. Please implement Instagram messages into conversations, thank you!

AlexandreSch
Participant

Agreed, Insta is critical for some of us. 

AWittig

Is there an update on this? Insta messages are really important to see and respond to from within our HS inbox. FB works nicely but really missing this feature.

BrenonSavell

@mfreiert  coming up on a year, is that some time? Is there an update? I'm trying to build something here, if HS can't or won't do it I'd like to know so I can find real solutions.

AJohnson4

Instagram DMs is manageable from Facebook business manager nowadays. Surely if we can connect to business manager as opposed to instagram we can make it work that way?

karineyrendahl
Participant

@AJohnson4 We have connected Instagram to our account on FB. Still we do not see inbox messenges in our Inbox in HubSpot. 

Hope this is possible soon 🙏🏻

LMcGill

We get a lot of support queries to our Instagram DMs. Being able to manage and reply to these messages from HubSpot would be invaluable for our support team.

alyssan

+1 to this idea. Please if we can get an update!

DNicholls

Now that FB Inbox/Business Manager has access to Instagram messeges, it would be very useful if they could be pulled through to the Conversations Inbox on HubSpot.

MBid2021

This is a must have for us.  Most of our conversations take place on IG, and we actually SELL with this channel very effectively.  It would be so much easier if we didn't have to toggle to Business Suite (which is not all that great).  (Also, please tell your sales guys about this.  I was expecting to be able to do both FB and IG once connected.  Bummer. )

hairgroveconsul

@MBid2021 Agree - I have 2 clients right now that do more than 80% of their leads and sales come from Instagram DM's. It's insane this shift of messenger based sales. I love HS but being forced to look at other options - one is amoCRM which was built as messenger based first - seems cool but not vetted like HS is. Still can do bots/deals/workflows etc and similar pricing. 

KDailey

Not just Instagram! Definitely needed for Twitter DMs and other social channels. 

KDailey

Facebook has added Instagram to their messenger, so this should be done ASAP

NBroncard

+1

Ellesyanna
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Definitely needed!