Social Chat - Instagram Chat integration (Facebook Business Messenger)

linked to these Forume messages, but no duplictates in the IDEA Forum: 

I need to be able to respond to instagram messages via my Hubspot account.  

Can you please look into utilizing the FB Business Manager API, to also integrate the Instagram Chat Messages. 

I would like to be able to respond to those messages, in the same way, as I do with Facebook Messenger through HubSpot. 

Hope this is being considered, and expanding the current beta chat scope. 

FB Chat Beta:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Integrate-Facebook-Messenger-with-Conversations/idi-p...

Instgram Chat from Acedemy: 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Academy-Learning-Center-Support/Answering-instagram-messages/m-p/27...

22 Replies
New Contributor

I agree, i really hope this is something which will be put into consideration as it is an imporant aspect of customer service for my business. Replying to messages within Hubspot would truly be very beneficial 

New Contributor

Agree. We have much more Instagram Direct Messages than FB Messenger messages. 

Occasional Contributor

One main purchase aspect for HubSpot was, to universally track our social activities. 

Integration with Instagram, which is already integrated on FB level, would be great. 

Not to speak of the various other tools coming our way (e.g. TikTok, linkedin) in the future. 

New Contributor

+500 on this idea!.

at the moment without this functionality, we can't use the facebook integration, since its better for us to use the business manager in facebook to reply both chat and instagram's chat

Occasional Contributor

@dospuntocero pls also upvote the idea - hope we can gain enough traction and visibility with the productmanagement, to eventually getting onto HubSpots' roadmap.... 

New Contributor

this could be easier now that facebook has an integrated chat for both insta and face at the same time for businesses....

New Contributor | Platinum Partner

This needs to happen a.s.a.p. !

Occasional Contributor

I needed this yesterday!

- So many workarounds have to be made to integrate even WhatsApp

Please, what has to be done to push this feature?

Occasional Contributor

@janpark to push, upvote this thread - and as well, bring it to attention to your Customer Success Manager / Onboarding Manager from HubSpot broadening the news on this matter. 

WhatsApp especially in regions other than the US certainly very important to be integrated as well! 

Very much needed indeed.

In Latin Instagram is well more used than FB. DM are a must have.

Thank you

New Contributor | Diamond Partner

Commenting to hopefully bring this issue back to the forefront. This feature is sorely needed within HubSpot.

updated to: Being Reviewed
HubSpot Product Team

We're exploring this channel but it will likely be some time before we can natively integrate Instagram messages as this will require Facebook to add Instagram message access to their Messenger APIs before we can realize this type of integration.

We'll post an update  as we learn more!

Visitor

Wait for this feature so much. Our 2 main channels are Facebook and Instagram and 99% of communication with customers going there. Without it any CRM has no reason to use.

New Contributor

This feature is highly needed! The majority of hour business customers is handling all their communication via Instagram. So to adjust our communication to their needs, it's crutial for us to be able to respond the same we on Instagram then via Mail or other channels. 

Visitor

Yeah, suppose so, but I found nothing about it in official IG Graph API docs. We almost started to move to Hubspot today… I thought that the presence of IG in FB Inbox means you have API access to all FB/IG/Whatsapp messages.

New Contributor

Agreed! This would be so helpful for my company as many of our sales conversations and customer touches occur in Instagram messages. 

New Contributor

+1000 It becomes vital 🥴

Visitor

I need this asap as well. We have to have this one inbox. Tired to use glitched solutions to use IG DMs and WhatsApp. Come on Hubspot warriors!!!!! Help us!!!!

New Contributor

Una integración de la bandeja de entrada con Instagram y WhatsApp es esencial.

Regular Contributor

+1