HubSpot Ideas

MEriksen

Snooze functionality

Hi!

My team and I switched from Intercom to your solution some time ago, but we miss the "snooze" functionality for emails and chats.

Is this something that you plan to implement in the future, or is it on the roadmap down the line?

For instance, we would like to be able to "snooze" an email until tomorrow at 9:00 AM or a few hours later. I'm sure you understand what I'm trying to convey. 🙂

15 Replies
C_Martin

I agree that this would definitely be a helpful function! Our team has switched to HubSpot this year from Front, and the ability to snooze a message thread and have it show up again in our inbox at a specified time is a feature we really miss. 

It would really come in helpful, since we often want to send follow-up emails to high-prospect leads who haven't responded to our original email. 

SDoualle

it is critically missing indeed

DMory-BA

This this this x1000000! We also switched from Intercom last year and just this simple feature makes all the difference in the world with our analysts. It basically takes your inbox from 90 'open' conversations down to just a handful of active ones that are actually being worked. Bonus points for having the conversation automatically un-snooze when a client replies. 

As a support analyst, I want to be able to snooze conversations in my inbox so that I can clearly see which conversations I need to reply to and work more efficiently without missing any chats or emails. 

###Acceptance Criteria
1. Give users the ability to snooze open conversations in the inbox
2. When a user clicks Snooze, they should be given an option of snoozing for 1 hour, 2 hours, 8 hours, 24 hours, and Specific Time and Date
3. If they click Specific Time and Date, a calendar box should open so the user can select a specific day
4. After they choose the day, they should see a clock to select a specific time. This should default to the current time when opened

M_tate

NEED! How can you manage your own "Assigned to me" inbox effectively if this doesn't exclude conversations you've worked i.e sent a response to but are not yet ready to close?

We should be able to snooze for a set period of time then unsnooze if we want to or close the conversation when the snooze ends. 

Adding the ability to build out a workflow for snoozed messages would also be nice i.e. follow up after X time snoozed to see if they still need help before closing. 

Intercom do this really well. In fact, they do a lot of things really well when it comes to chat style responses (have considered not all businesses use live chat, gif insert, ease of switching between teams, do not rely on tickets to continue the convo beyond chat, send an email when a chat response is sent in case the user is offline but allow the user to continue via chat instead of email if they like. The list goes on). 

WAyles

Yes please! Very much needed. 

rohner

I've been waiting for a Snooze feature too. As the others above have said, it's too difficult to manage tickets with everything appearing at all times in the inbox. A Snooze feature is a requirement for my daily tasks in the Support system I use now (Groove). It allows me to keep my inbox clear with only things that are new or things I need to see, and I can set tickets to appear again at certain dates and times (and I also add a note to myself telling me what I need to do). It's kind of like a virtual assistant in a way - keeping things clean in my queue but nudging me at certain times to reply or follow up on issues. 

I am currently very happy with Groove for support. It was built just for support, and it's perfect at it.  The company I work for has been wanting me to switch to Hubspot's ticketing system, but I just can't do it yet. It's messy and chaotic as it is now - not intuitive for actual support, and it would be a nightmare for me to keep up with tickets in the form that it is now. A Snooze feature would definitely help with this.

bethanys

Has this been built yet? Also evaluating switching from Intercom to Hubspot and miss this feature!

APIANT1
Participant | Elite Partner

Same here. Snooze would be very helpful.

ÁSigurjónsson

Our team was also using Front and the "snooze" function was used alot. I found a good workaround for us:  

• Create ticket pipeline
  • add Close date property to ticket
  • Add workflow to delay until Close date then move ticket to another bucket
  • send notification when item arrives in said bucket

Tickets can be created from conversation manually to snooze and then closed. I am having trouble reopening the convo through the workflow though. Which would be optimal. 

dtrftrack

Hi, +1, please add snooze, it's super userful in Front, Gmail and Intercom, thanks,

CMedrano
Participant

Aggressively upvoting this.

MPalfreman

Also aggressively upvoting this!

SHP7

Any progress on this, HS? We need this desperately!

marcodirk
Participant

Hey all, I found a workaround y'all might appreciate. All you need is an extra ticket property ("Snooze Until"), an extra "Pipeline Status" and a few automation rules.

Steps:
* Create a new Ticket Property (e.g. "Snooze Until") with field type "Date picker"

Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 12.53.07.png

* Create a new "Status" in your ticket pipeline (e.g. "Snoozed / Scheduled" or whatever):

Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 12.55.16.png

* Add automation to the "Snoozed / Scheduled" status:

* In the pipeline settings, scroll all the way down to "Additional Status Automation"

* First: add a "Delay until date" action to the "Snoozed / Scheduled" status

* Second: let it trigger a "Set property value" that changes the "Ticket pipeline and status" of a ticket to whatever status you'd like (e.g. "Waiting on support").

Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 13.04.25.png

How it works: when a ticket needs snoozing, just enter a "Snooze Until" date and drag it to the Snooze status. As soon as you hit the configured date, it should automatically be placed into your "active" status. 

If you really want to finish it off, you can also add automation that wipes the "Snooze Until" value as soon as it enters the active status again.

taryn1

Our team is experienceing something similiar in our migration from Intercom. Our team heavily relies on snoozing conversations and not having this feature in HubSpot will hinder our ways of working.