HubSpot Ideas

CristianP

Snippet Tool - Text Limitation Removal

The Text Limitation - As you're aware there is a limitation in how much text you can include in the body of a snippet. This is disappointing as there may be paragraphs you send quite often that don't necessarily qualify to be a template. For example, we have a variety of plans each with their own unique product offerings. A snippet would be a helpful tool for quickly inserting the cost of a specific plan plus it's lineup of products. The text limitation prevents this ability.

96 Replies
MarcVerwaerde

We want this!

veitdinges

Please eliminate this limit. It is a major drag on our productivity that you are not enabling.

XY

We just signed a 30k contract but this is a deal breaker. I can't customize the Quote Template for the team to add the sales legal terms, I can't add a snippet to overcome this limitation. This is a serious product defect. What is the point of having quotes if you can't effectively use them?

Let's be honest here, you aren't using hubspot to sell simplistic store line items. You are selling technology or service products that have legal agreements attached to them with literally no way to add them in the hubspot tool.

JGomezEco

We definitely need this. Currently, this is the biggest dealbreaker for us with Hubspot

stigaskcody

This need to be implemented.

I also realized there is a 1000 character limitation on internal emails. This is a major stop block

ottawarealtor

3 Years later and still no progress. Simple free tools do this, why can't a paid version of Hubspot to it as well?

OttoMFP

I second this, 500 characters is far to few. So far not one my saved text files (for this exact purpose) has made it into a Snippet because they are too long.

AlexHarrison

Hey y'all.  HubSpot recommmended TextExpander to me.  It's been life changing if you love snippets.

dbanovic

This should work out of the box!

ASHUMMELT

This level of "non customer care" is impressive. I stopped using the Ideas Foum because there is simply no point. Checking back in and seeing this two year old post missing even the most basic reply  is astounding. 

rcarlisle

I was excited to learn about the snippet tool but was quickly disappointed with the character limitations. I wanted to use this tool to send instructions to our clients however, with the limitations I am unable to be as specific as I would like to be.

OttoMFP

Found in this thread is the free tool TextExpander (Apple, PC etc) that I've been using for a couple days now and it works beautifully. Give it a try if you need a way to manage and use Snippets that has more than 500 characters.

JamesG1
Participant

+1 on this - Would be ideal as a temporary solution for the lack of a terms of service section on quotes (I mean really that needs fixing too).

Geoffww
Participant

I am testing Service Hub for our company, we use something like snippets in our current solution.  Seeing that Serice Hub had snippets to put in tickets was a reflief until I tried it and found the 500 character limitation.  It's completely useless for us.  Our smallest frequently used text is about 550 with some that we use every day being 3800 such as our standard installation introduction email.  I'm unfortunately finding this to be a bit of a theme in HS, a great feature is available but is woefully limited.

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Community,

Totally hear you! This limit was created a long time ago and it's been a long time coming for us to update this. Some good news, we are planning to increase the character limit in snippets from 500 characters to 2500 characters. Once this is queued up it should not take much development time to update. 

I will update here once we have made the change!

- Glen

OttoMFP

Great news Glen, thank you for letting us know.

JGomezEco

Our prayers have been heard! Finally!

I'm very happy to see this in the planning stage. Although, I still do not understand the limit of 2500 words. 

LauraA
Contributor

Agree that this is better, but I just checked our general terms and conditions (which is what I would want to add to a quote), and, with spaces, they are 2900 characters; and anything requiring special conditions would be longer. Obviously we could use multiple snippets, but it's a bit of a hassle still.

softlightdan
Participant

I never knew they were for templates I immediatley started using them for my custom email sales pitches 😉  I too would like them lengthened.   

JasonTisdall
Participant

Delighted to hear it is increasing to 2500 characters, but why limit it there?

We have a bunch of sales support documents that we'd love to be able to access as snippets in notes or other fields. It makes no sense to set an arbitrary limit.