HubSpot Ideas

CristianP

Snippet Tool - Text Limitation Removal

The Text Limitation - As you're aware there is a limitation in how much text you can include in the body of a snippet. This is disappointing as there may be paragraphs you send quite often that don't necessarily qualify to be a template. For example, we have a variety of plans each with their own unique product offerings. A snippet would be a helpful tool for quickly inserting the cost of a specific plan plus it's lineup of products. The text limitation prevents this ability.

96 Comentários
L_Alty
Membro

I am fairly new to HubSpot and shocked that this limitation exists. This is not a "bargain priced" solution and even the simplest of tasks in HS have roadblocks and limitations. Removing this character limit should not be a request that is more than 2 years old. I am already considering the cost of switching our firm to a different service at the end of our first year with HS. (we have only been using it for 4 months)

nicoleatminim
Membro

Seriously. Please remove this limitation. Need it for discovery call notes; this is quite hampering.

blawlorSJ
Membro

With an ever increasing sales staff - snippets are a great help, learning the sales langauge of our products, etc. We've got great "go-to" langauge that we'd love to use in snippets, as well as rock solid testomonials but they are longer than the 500 Charater limits. Come on HubSpot, this 500 charater limit is less than 2 tweets! 

benno
Colaborador(a)

+1. This is on TOP OF MY LIST, please HubSpot team, do us all this favor!

zachallen
Colaborador(a)

I don't understand the limitation, here.  This isn't Twitter.  

Our Support Team is utilizing snippets in conjunction with Service Hub.  We would like to use snippets for common/canned  responses.  Right now, we can't do this effectively because of the limitation.  I can send a snippet with a link to an article, but this isn't ideal.  

xavierbush
Participante

Agreed! For us it is important to attach the Purchase Terms (and sometimes in different languages) to our product quotes. The Snippet idea is fantastic but for us operate with it we would need more characters.

AlexHarrison
Membro

Would love to see the character limit removed completely!

AtotheB
Membro

We are finding that there is a need to have a larger text limit in the snippets.  We have a lot of customers asking to compare different frame models and we are having trouble providing a complete comparison due to the limited amount of text we can input in a snippet. The snippets are an amazing feature for frequently asked questions and we would like to utilize this feature to its fullest potential. 

AtotheB
Membro

yes, we need larger limits!!

Rob-NWB
Participante

These limits should be removed. This idea has 83 upvotes and 44 replies over a 2 year span.

Can this please be addressed and fixed.

AlexHarrison
Membro

The text limit on snippets is the number one reason I started looking at other services that could beat HubSpot.  Check out Streak and CloudHQ for their combined ability to do what HubSpot does in a lot of cases.  I'm considering making the move(s).

Jenni_h
Participante

Being limited to 500 characters is extremely challenging, as our last service provider allowed a much greater limit (if there was one at all - never ran into this issue), which means re-tooling many of the shortcuts we have used in the past, and are already used to.  In my LoB, my staff spend a lot of time educating our visitors, and being able to have all of the information the visitor needs in one go is ideal; having to massage the existing tools to meet the character limit is a huge time investment/make-work project that could easily be eliminated by removing or increasing the character limit. 

R10
Membro

This would be very useful. I need to enter terms and conditions into every single contract, and I'm having to copy and paste them from another document. Would love to save in a snippet or something similar. Thanks.

Rob-NWB
Participante

Circling Back here - I reached out to our account rep and they were able to increase the limits to satisfy our needs. We shared our desired snippets and their character count for them to see the validity of our claim. Supposedly this helped.

So this is possible - just speak with your account rep and demonstrate the need for it.

Doesn't eliminate the sense that this limit is completely useless and frustrating.

Chantal
Participante

Totally agree, the snippet limit is forcing me to write the same story over and over again, because it is too long to add as a snippet. 

chowes
Participante

@Rob-NWB  That's good to know, but this seems like a lot of work on the users part for something that is clearly a bug instead of a feature.  Personally, I gave up on this functionality for longer blocks of text a while back because I'd pretty much lost hope that anyone at HubSpot cared. I just copy/paste more than I should have to.. It's akin driving 40 on an open Autobahn in a Bugatti because someone put obstacles on the road, but limits like this are ridiculous speed bumps in the way of an otherwise high performance product. 

toricook
Top colaborador(a)

This^^^ Yes! I feel very limited by snippet's character limits...

LefterisSt
Membro

Snippets are ridiculously limited and the only workaround is to copy-paste from docs, evernote other emails. This is not such a big deal to resolve. 

kenwiesner
Membro

This is unreal that this has been open since 2017. We also need this for the quote tool so we can include deliverables in the comments section and terms and conditions in Purchase Terms.

DannyH
Colaborador(a)

Yes we have the same request. I want to be able to add our terms and conditions on the quote's. Snippets are an excellent way to create uniform quote's. Should be an easy fix.