HubSpot Ideas

narayanan

Smart send on A/B email

I was surprised not to find Smart Send option on emails that are in A/B testing. I don't find any reason for that not to be implemented. Any thoughts? 

12件のコメント
LenJacobs
メンバー

I agree completely. A/B testing is a basic feature of any marketing campaign. Even A/B/C testing should be available for every marketing person.

dghopkins
メンバー

Completely agreed. Smart send was a big selling point for enterprise-level account but we basically can't ever use it because (you should) be doing A/B testing on all your emails.

candicefrazer
メンバー

We also see a huge need for smart send on A/B testing. We are a global company consistently sending an email on Tuesdays at 7:30 AM local time. It is unsustainable to send in each users time zone because we have users all over the world (literally, over a dozen time zones). We want to begin experimenting with CTA buttons and subject lines.

jmgrand
投稿者

The inability to do A/B testing on Smart Send emails drives me nuts! The inability to do so limits your capabilities for global, enterprise companies

PamM
メンバー

Agree to everyone's comments! Especially that we "should" be doing A/B testing on all of our emails, we'd not be doing our jobs right if we didn't test at every opportunity and more so if the quantity of sends are low - making it even more valuable data.

And, to that point, we should also be doing smart sends on every email, there is no reason to send at random times throughout the database, it prevents our ability to capture results from the time and an A/B test together. I hope Hubspot fixes this soon!

MozSkyScanner
メンバー

This is a must-have feature! 

mws10c
メンバー

It is insane that Hubspot does not have such an obvious and necessary feature like this.

ErinMuzughi
メンバー

I also agree with everyone's comments.

We have a huge need for smart send in general and especially on A/B testing. Currently we are testing our subject lines to see which get a higher open rate. If all of a sudden, we not only test the subject line, but we do it without smart send, we are suddenly sending at all different times of the day, which could also impact open rate. This garners our A/B test completely useless. 

Instead we had to set up 2 separate sends, and randomize our A/B lists outside of HubSpot. In case anyone needs to know how to do this, here's the article that gives you step by step instructions: https://www.newbreedmarketing.com/blog/how-to-use-random-samples-in-excel-for-a_b-split-testing-hubs...

mws10c
メンバー

Want to piggyback off of ErinMuzughi's recent comment because I noticed they had to go to a blog for a competing inbound marketing platform to find the solution to this issue. You know what usually comes after that, Hubspot.

SamuelSt
メンバー

Hubspot please add  timezone sends with A/B test functionality.

Compromise functionality is subject line only A/B test > Wait 24h > Commit the winner to the timezone send.

There is no reason why this can't be implemented.

kentdagnall
メンバー

Hubspot only cares about getting your money since they went public. It is disturbing that they have spent so much effort ruining the navigation menus and none at all fixing the lack of A/B test options. You still can't test time of day or day of the week, which every other email service offers, often for FREE users. I have been urging my clients to quit HubSpot but some of them require other integrations. 

ステータスに更新: Not Currently Planned
jaleonard19
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Thanks for your comments on the idea. This isn't planned for development in the next quarter. For transparency and clarity, I'm updating this issue to 'Not currently planned' for the time being. We are investing in bolstering our email testing capabilities starting here. If you are willing to jump on a call to talk more about this functionality, and your specific use cases send me a direct message. I would love to chat more.

We will re-evaluate in the future and we will update this idea if anything changes. Please feel free to upvote and continue to leave feedback on this thread.