HubSpot Ideas

milosuma

Smart rule for email content block

It would be great if the smart rule for content blocks in an email template would allow to hide the block completely if a set of conditions is not met, rather than just allow to serve different content within it.

I would need a smart rule that completely hides a block with a particular notice from the email, for whom the notice is not relevant. I don't have adequate content to subsctitute the notice with.chrome_86OwPN2g5n.png

19 Comentarios
steffi_90
Miembro | Partner nivel Diamond

That's a great idea.

We have the same problem at the moment. We want to send a newsletter to two different groups. But the newsletter only differs between one article. Group 1 should receive the article - the second group should not receive the article.

bchhina
Miembro | Partner

I also agree with this. I'm working with eCommerce brands and I would like the abandoned cart summary to only show to those in a certain active list and not show at all to others based on products abandoned. In addition, bring back the adding a smart rule on the LAYOUT LEVEL. This would solve some issues in particular cases.  

Mhutton
Colaborador

We have the same issue. At the moment, we use a work around involving deletion of text and replacing images with a 1x1 pixel but it always leaves large gaps with padding. Without doing it this way we would have to create 8 different variations on the same email for different customers based on the products they receive (even though there are only 3 sections that either need to be shown or not). Either that or bombard some customers with 3 different emails in one day.

Also, agree with bchhina above, to add this at the layout level would be great as it would save a lot of time editing each module every week. 

anna108
Miembro

Yes! This is also something we would like to see. When we have a button or text element that we would like to show a particular audience, we usually don't have an alternate version of that particular content block for everyone else.

One example is having a "donate" button that only shows to customers. We would want everyone else to receive the normal email without the button -- there is no alternate button needed.

reSpeakAI
Miembro

It would be FANTASTIC if the below could happen. This would open a WORLD of dynamic flexibility. Right now I'm highly disappointed in this editor and that I have to UPGRADE to Enterprise to get close to this functionality by using a HubDB. PLEASE add this to content sections (not modules, but the rows they sit in)

reSpeakAI_0-1652982422562.png

eshanfelt
Miembro | Partner

Yes, this is HUGE limitation especially when it's so easy to do on cheaper platforms like ActiveCampaign. 

sjunnila
Miembro | Partner

This is a huge limitation for our customers. It's a very basic feature not to show some content to some segments at all.

The extra paddings / background colors shown are simply not acceptable. Therefore many HubSpot users are not really personalizing their emails and/or need to create many separate emails. Please fix this!

HJohnson3
Miembro

This is a big hurdle to building activity/behvaior driven campaigns with dynamic content that displays according to business rules, intent, etc. 

LBodo
Participante

Totally agree. Not being able to hide modules when a rule isn't met is a huge limitation for us as well. This was easily possible in ActiveCampaign.

GK30
Miembro

So is there a way I can show an email block depedns on Contact Parameter value?

Sujay
Miembro

This NEEDS to be done!

JannieEngen
Colaborador

This was a big let down to understand that this is not a feature! 😮  As it is meniton above it is greatly needed to be able to hide somne content to a given list in email marketing context. Now we have to have serveral emails instead. 

Kaspertheghost
Miembro

There is a simple workaround for this which might work for some, depending on complexity! 

Delete all default content for the smart module, and reduce top/bottom spacing of the module to zero. At send out, the module will not tak up any space in the email. If you for example have 5 variables, create 5 smart modules, 1st one contains default content, the rest only contain the rule dependant content and spacing is added for the content, not the column.

Aside from that, pretty impressive hubspot haven't added an "exclude if rule not met" option 😕

Mhutton
Colaborador
Yes, this is our current workaround essentially. Also, for image modules, we have a 1x1 pixel without padding as the alternative. The problem that comes with this is that we have so many elements that may or may not be blank within the email that you sometimes end up with much white space even without the padding.
Agree, impressive that there is no 'don't display the module' option!
PPlant4
Colaborador

We just migrated from Activecampaign and could not be more disappointed to find this basic feature doesn't exist. Almost all of our email templates feature some kind of dynamic rule to show or hide content/images based on any number of properties (both contact and deal). This is a HUGE issue! 

mlcantin
Participante

It seems like an essential. Is it in the process to be develop?

MStach
Colaborador

This would be a very useful feature to implement. 

eyeson
Participante

There are already multiple requests for this. Open for a long time now. Please implement this soon 😩

cpetrou
Participante

I would like to do the following on landing pages, web pages, blog pages, and emails...

I would like to hide content based on smart rules regardless of the device.

I have several rows of information. Each row represents a different smart rule. I want to hide all of the rows except for those rows that are triggered by the smart rules.

I tried doing it by removing all of the content from the module on the default view, but it seems to keep the padding for the row that I don't want anyone to see which makes the layout look odd.

I was trying to pinpoint and adjust the CSS for that particular page, but it throws other sections of the page off when I do it since it is using the same class name.