HubSpot Ideas

Beata_W

Smart content rules in new Pop-up CTAs / CTA (beta)

Could you please add the option to enable the use of Smart Content within new Pop-up CTAs, specifically called CTAs (Beta)?

We currently have a wide range of options to create different types of pop-ups.  It would be nice to have smart rules option as well. This would allow us to add smart button or add smart rule to the text or image. 

CTAs (Beta).png

Screenshot_2.png

14 Replies
brooket

Agree, also the embedded ctas look bad on mobile without custom code. Would be nice to have an editable mobile variation.

Mattheus
Participant | Elite Partner

@brooket it's possible to enable the responsive layout switch in the style/design section. That's not perfect but could be acceptable for your use case.

@Beata_W it's possible to target based on list membership so you could emulate smart content with that feature.

brooket

@Mattheus Yes, I have that switched on, but it does not look good.

HaokunW

Yes, please keep the smart CTA and the multi-variation features!!

Mattheus
Participant | Elite Partner

Yes strange that you can't A/B test them anymore

Phenomammal
Participant | Platinum Partner

Yeah, I'm not sure why Smart CTAs were removed for embedded buttons but I hope they're added back. We use HTML email templates a lot in our marketing automation efforts as it's much easier to insert one Smart CTA into the email body than to create several smart rules in the body of every DnD email. Some of our clients have dozens of locations, and each has a separate brochure, landing pages, etc.

JoseManuel

Agree, please keep the smart CTA and the multi-variation features

Msyvrais
Key Advisor

Can we also add "tags" as an option for where they should appear?

Cozturk1
Participant

Yeah, could you please? 

I mean the new beta version gives us more freedom in terms of styling but it doesn't have the smart content which is a bit frustrating. 

That would be very helpful actually, if the developer team of Hubspot takes an action into that. 

SamStAmour
Contributor | Elite Partner

Same here, for multiple clients we keep using the "Legacy" CTAs for now because we need the "Smart" and "A/B test" versions. We will upgrade them when that becomes available with the new CTAs.

Cozturk1
Participant

The problem with the current 'legacy' ones is about the limitations on the fonts and etc. 

kimwilcox
Member | Elite Partner

As of late November I checked in with HubSpot to see if this was coming and was told not in the plan yet.  We leverage smart rules and A/B testing extensively for our clients so we've been hanging on with legacy ctas as long as possible - please bring this functionality to the new CTA maker!

GrumpyHippo

We've only really used the Pop-up CTAs to date but I've just realised that we now need a different CTA for every message and language.

Less than ideal. 

kimwilcox
Member | Elite Partner

Update from last week regarding the sunset of the legacy CTA tool:

https://developers.hubspot.com/changelog/legacy-cta-sunset-timeline-and-scope-update