HubSpot Ideas

elmo

Smart content in custom modules

It'd really allow many developing options if there was a possibility to turn any custom module into a smart content module. Currently it's only possible for Rich Text, which is very limited.

For example, I have made a custom video play button into a custom module, but based on the visitor I'd like to play a different video. Now it is not possible with custom modules, unless I code with HubL some fixed rules into it, and I have to revert to Rich Text and write some ugly html garble into it. Making custom modules into smart wouldn't require much developing effort from HubSpot, as it would only be needed that every field can have different content based on the smart rules.

27 Replies
katie
HubSpot Product Team

Haha, well, feel free to DM me if you'd like it early and I'd be happy to add your portal @kpatel4!

beth

@kpatel4 I would love to be part of the beta: 208738 ;-D

kpatel4
Participant

@beth Sorry for the confusion. I am not the one that can help you. I am a user like yourself. @katie  Can you help us both here ?  Mine portal is '4764334'. 

Thank you.

beth

Hey @katie, lol, no worries. Whatever get us there. Been wanting this for a long time 😄

katie
HubSpot Product Team

@beth @kpatel4 you're both all set! I hope you like it!

FGrani

Hi, @katie I'd like to test the feature too if possible, my ID is 8020169.

Thanks!

katie
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone! I'm happy to announce that smart content for all modules on pages is now available to everyone!