HubSpot Ideas

elmo

Smart content in custom modules

It'd really allow many developing options if there was a possibility to turn any custom module into a smart content module. Currently it's only possible for Rich Text, which is very limited.

For example, I have made a custom video play button into a custom module, but based on the visitor I'd like to play a different video. Now it is not possible with custom modules, unless I code with HubL some fixed rules into it, and I have to revert to Rich Text and write some ugly html garble into it. Making custom modules into smart wouldn't require much developing effort from HubSpot, as it would only be needed that every field can have different content based on the smart rules.

27 Kommentare
Status aktualisiert zu: In Planning
katie
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hello HubSpot Community,

Thank you as always for your continued feedback, it helps us build a great product. We are currently scoping the work needed to add smart content support for custom modules on the HubSpot Product team. As a result, I'm going to move this idea into the "In Planning" stage. We'll continue to update this post as we make progress.

One of the things we're considering with this update is moving smart content from being set on a module-by-module basis, to something that is set on a page-by-page basis. So for instance, you could create multiple variations of an entire page based on smart content properties.

I would love to hear from the community if that's something you're interested in.

Best,
Katie

elmo
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

I wonder if our account has already been in a closed beta for this, because for us, the smart content in custom modules is already enabled, and has been for a while already. Anyway, I'd still think that there's the need for smart content on module level in global custom modules, so that we wouldn't have to add same smart content rules for every page that uses that module, even though in general the smart content on page editing sounds a good idea.

By the way, an additional suggestion would be to add a smart rule based on the language of the page (which is different than the preferred language of the user). Then it'd be easy to use the smart content feature to make multilingual global modules without any additional coding (e.g. by making field groups and then filtering them in the module code, as I've been doing).

Lanny
Teilnehmer/-in | Diamond Partner

just following the threat here

LizaW
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi, it would be great to be allowed to see the beta option for this. We have 1 site live which has a lot of custom moduels and does not allow for smart content and therefore is extremly restrictive for optimsing user journeys, along with 2 sites in development which the build is limited with the need for smart content.  Its either bad design and optimised users jounreys or good design with no optimisations. 

SylwiaVN
Mitglied

Upvoting this idea please!

Palveer
Mitglied

Upvoting too please!

Silvana_heimiko
Mitglied

Upvoting too!

Thanks,

Sil

beth
Mitglied

Upvoting, smart content would be great for gating and ungating content in an article slider TOC I am working on.

RalphvanMaris
Mitglied

Would love to be part of the Beta as well...

We build a custom module, where people can download a whitepaper/ebook. But for every stage of the customer journey, we want to offer a different doc. 

Let me know when this is going to be possible

beth
Mitglied

Agree, would love to to be part of Beta. Was encouraged by the stuff I heard on the CMS Hub Developer Lunch on May 21. 

annaramos
Mitglied | Diamond Partner

Upvoting too!

ingramleedy
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

This is a great idea. I would love to be part of this too. 

marausa
Mitglied

Also, it would be great if a smart rule could apply to a block of content modules rather than having to add to the individual modules. For example, we often break up text with an image or a button but I need to apply the rules to each module.

jdgannon1
Teilnehmer/-in

Has this happened yet?

crebman19
Mitglied

Looking for an answer on this as well. Wondering what the status is for 2021? @'m sure our team would love to be part of the beta release, as this is a big initative for us on our website. 

katie
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi folks, 

We're really close on this! I'm going to be scheduling some final user testing in the next week and I'd love to hear from some of the folks on this thread. If you're interested in participating in user testing and doing a quick 15-30 minute call sometime this upcoming week, please DM me! 

Hope to talk to some of you soon!

Katie

kpatel4
Teilnehmer/-in

Following this one...

Status aktualisiert zu: Delivered
katie
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi Everyone!

I'm excited to announce that this feature is now in public beta and is rolling out over the next few weeks. I hope you enjoy it!

Katie

Status aktualisiert zu: In Beta
JoeMayall
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

kpatel4
Teilnehmer/-in

Update: too quick. I was too excited, LOL. It was something else that happened. looking forward for this feature in our account.