HubSpot Ideas

Anton

Smart-Rules for Saved Sections

Hi Community, 

first of all: Saved sections in E-Mails are a real time saver! Thank you for developing this awesome feature.

To let this feature be more over-the-top it would be a real time-saver if it would be possible to set (and save) smart-rules for each saved section. 

Thanks in advance, 

Anton

44 Replies
katie
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Anton,

Thanks for posting this. I think being able to save smart content as part of saved sections would be a big win for both features, so I love this idea. We are reviewing this internally, so I'll keep you posted here with updates. There is a little bit of complexity related to this because of the way we currently save module data, so there may be a little bit of lag time, but regardless, I'll post updates here!

Thanks,

Katie

Anton
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

Hi @katie

awesome! Thank you for the quick update!

best, 

Anton

MissTipsi
Top Contributor

**bleep**, just come across this issue today. Saved smart sections would be fantastic.

GReinhard

Thumbs up to this idea...smart rules are the more time-consuming part for development for us so would be the most helpful thing to be able to save.

katie
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Everyone!

I'm happy to report that smart sections are now available to all portals in pages!

Thanks for your posts!
Katie

MissTipsi
Top Contributor

@katie the product update yesterday mentioned saving smart sections for pages, but nothing about emails.

is it live for everyone for emails as well? or do we need to opt-in somewhere?

Thanks

katie
HubSpot Product Team

Hi there,

The smart sections feature is currently just for pages. I'm planning on waiting to mark this post as "delivered" until we have email set as well. Unfortunately getting email smart sections working will be separate body of work, but we are hoping to make them happen in the future!

Katie

TInnouvong
Participant

@katie I just tried saving a section on a landing page but it's not saved anywhere. There is no "Saved Sections" dropdown in the lefthand toolbar, nor is the module available when I search for it. This is on a landing page based on a template we customized. Could that be the issue? Please advise.

debs1

This is a must. I really need to save smart-rules. 

MichaelFreeman

It's ridiculous that smart rules are not carried over when saved as a seciton or a template.

ThomasWeis

@katie 
3 months passed... do you have any news for us?

Shane_Janssens
HubSpot Product Team

Thanks @Anton for the feedback. Delighted it is saving time. We love it too!

We don't have immediate plans to support just yet, apologies for the delayed response. I will bring it back to team but the next couple fo quarters are unrealistic for us. I will mark as not planned for now but will change/ update that as soon as that changes.

Best,

Shane

MichaelFreeman
That is not smart (pun intended)

Can you explain why this wouldn’t be prioritized? In many ways it defeats the purpose of creating smart content since you can’t reuse it in templates/saved sections.
Clwagner
Participant

Running into this problem right now. Building out smart content in emails takes time, especially with the limited functionality of how to qualify a contact for different smart content. Being able to save smart content sections for use over and over again would be a huge time-saver. 

KGeddes
Contributor

I agree. We could save a ton of time if we could save dynmaic content in sections. We have 4 main products, but those product mixes and prices are different in each of the 25 states that we do business in, because of legal requirements. That can cause multiple different versions of product information that we have to incorporate in our marketing emails. If we could simply save those versions, it would save us a ton of time. 

We are also looking to have a product table that we could pull this information in through dynmic content, that based on the state of the customer, it would know which product information to pull in to the template, as there are 100 versions we have to account for. But the above request would be an easier first solution, as the logic is closer to being completed, if they would just save the smart rules. 

DHennebe

I'm going to +1 this... re-doing smart sections with 5+ versions that are needed in every single email is causing a lot of work and frustration.  Being able to save these would be a massive time saver as well as increasing my assurance that I didn't get any of the logic wrong in my repeating the processes so many times in a row. 

Vivre
Participant

This would be a HUGE time saver - not just for sections, I would love the be able to use saved smart rules in multiple places, subject lines etc.

AmandaAdams
Participant

Yes, please add the ability to save segments with smart rules in Email

GRichardson1

Hubspot please let us save smart rules 😢 This is something your users really want. 

Alexrott
Contributor

Hubspot please make this feature happen. We have Smart Rules in E-Mails with 10+ rules - it is very tedious to set up the Smart Rule each and every time