HubSpot Ideas

christa

Slack integration using contact properties

The Slack integration includes what seems to be everything except contact properties. We would like to be able to have a channel slack notification go out when there is a form submission that updates specific contact properties. The workaround now is to create a deal from the contact property update and then use that deal to trigger the slack message. Since not all form submissions require/need a deal created, this workaround makes our deal pipelines cluttered to simply get our channel notification set up. Not sure why it was decided to not include contact properties but it seems like a big miss with the usability of this integration.

15 Commentaires
RyanPearDeck
Membre

Could you provide some more information on how you set this up?

christa
Contributeur

@RyanPearDeck  I have a couple of workflows built out to make this work. 
First I created a custom property in Hubspot for the form submission. That property is a date format. For most of our lead gen forms, I create a date property like this so I can use that for reporting (another workaround since Hubspot doesn't give you much flexibility with form submissions and date sorting on reports). I also went into Slack and created the channel to use for the notifications. Be sure to have the slack integration turned on!
I have a workflow that enrolls off the form submission and updates that custom property with the date stamp. In this workflow, I also have a deal created. This deal is what is required in order to have an object that will work for the slack channel notification. 
Then I have a second workflow that enrolls off the deal being created. I have the deals in this case in its own 'special' pipeline so it is segmented and easy to use for enrollment. In this workflow, I use the action 'send slack notification' and it gives the option to send to a channel or to specific users.

kedgell
Membre

Please add this. We're using a wonky Zapier integration to send a notification to a Slack channel specific to inbound pricing requests, and we do not want to rely on this long term. More things that could break with updates and too much to keep track of. Please add contact properties as a targeting criteria for workflows/Slack integration!! 🙂

ErinVL
Membre

This is the first and most common expectation with a CRM/Slack integration. I tried triggering a webhook to Slack since that's how we sent these notifications before switching from Marketo, but there was no way to modify the post data to only send the fields we wanted in a way that Slack could catch. When is this capability going to be added to the integration? Anyone have any tips on a webhook workaround?

gakupai
Membre

We would like to have a slack notification with contact properties(e.g. name, company, email) when a form is submitted from our customer. Currently, as you can see below, there is no contact information/properties on Slack Channel. It's just a notification like "new form submission sent". If we can see contract poroperties, it will be very easy to manage the contact information and we can save our time. Could you please develop this function? 

コメント 2019-10-01 161535.png

Statut mis à jour : In Planning
MeganLegge
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Thanks to everyone for their comments and support of this idea! The team is now actively working on bringing the Send Slack Notification action to contact workflows. We'll update again, when there's more information to share.

Statut mis à jour : In Beta
MeganLegge

This feature (Slack Notifications for Contact Workflows) is currently in private beta! This feature will be available as part of a broader under-the-hood renovation: moving contact workflows to our new workflows system.

Fill out this form to request earliest available access for your account, which will happen when we begin public beta, over the course of the next few weeks: https://forms.gle/oUkexNjHvqoKV4Bt7

When access is given, your most recent contact workflows (those created after August 5th) will be moved to the new workflows system, which gives access to this feature and more. To move an older contact workflow to the new system, you can do so by cloning it: every newly created workflow in your account will then live in the new system.

Please note that once you are opted into the new system, you cannot be opted back out. Read about all of the changes the new workflows system will bring, here: A New Engine for your Workflows 

annayama
Membre

Any update on this? I signed up for early access...

MeganLegge

Hi @annayama  If you send me a direct message with your hub ID I can take a look! The beta was paused for a few weeks, however, in the last couple of days we've caught up on granting access for all outstanding requests. 

bjouni
Membre

Submitted the beta request as well! Can't wait to start testing. 

Statut mis à jour : Delivered
MeganLegge

The Slack action is now available to all, in Contact workflows!

ThundraTeam
Participant

I think here is the best place to mention my problem. In the current model, I can receive a form submission (without any contact proprty detail) on slack - Hubspot app. However, I would like to receive a specific form submission notifications in a common slack channel that I created in our workspace. Me and my team would like to track specific form submissions from the same channel to collaborate more. 

As far as I see there is no way I can do that. Could you tell me if it'll be possible in near future? I don't want to use 3rd party apps to make this integration and flow work as more apps connected to slack, more security concerns arises.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

MeganLegge

Hi @ThundraTeam - I would expect something like this to be possible. For example, if you set up a workflow that enrolls contacts when they submit a particular form, the workflow can then trigger a Slack notification to the Slack channel of your choosing and include all of the relevant details related to the submission.

In order to tailor the Slack notification to your needs, I suggest leveraging the "Properties to include with message" option to select and include the same properties that are on your form. For example, if your form asks for a visitor's email address, name, and industry, add those properties to the Slack notification so you can see the property and property value in each form submission notification.

If you have additional questions about this, I recommend reaching out to our Support Team through the "Help" button in your portal Smiley heureux

ThundraTeam
Participant

Thank you, the way you suggested works perfectly well!

ThundraTeam
Participant

Edited due to the duplicate reply